    is my system reading the size's wrong? System is Compaq Presaio 5000T series
    20G HD,256 mem,P3 566,running Win98se & useing Nero burning software. Hope
    someone has ideas on this.
    DeSoto Driver, Nov 30, 2003

  2. DeSoto Driver

    JIM Guest

    Original DVD's vary in size and can go up to about 9GByte
    DVD writable media - and + are of a standard size 4.7Gbyte
    You need to use a program like DVD decryptor to rip and remove
    the encryption. Then a program like DVD2ONE to convert and break the
    movie down to 4.3 GIG ready to burn
    WWW.VCDHELP.COM
    try here you will find this site quite helpful

    DeSoto Driver" <> wrote in message
    > Just purchased a Picific Digital dual format DVD/CD burner. It copys &
    > burns cd's with no problem,but while testing it out trying to copy a DVD
    > from my DVD player it says its copy protected & stops there. So I tried to
    > just use the burner & copy to hard drive first & everything started going
    > well up until it said to insert blank disk. I then get message that there
    > is not enough space on disk to copy to & to insert a larger cap. disk.

    After
    > checking it out a little more my computer shows that the DVD that I want

    > copy is 7.31GB and it only shows my blank disk as 1.99GB but the blank is
    > labeled as 4.7GB. I didnt know that DVD's had the capacity for 7.31GB or

    why

    JIM, Nov 30, 2003

  3. DeSoto Driver

    MT Guest

    http://www.dvdshrink.org/
    The above will decrypt, compress & even allow you to re-author the DVD
    content to a more simple menu version.
    Use Nero, Roxio or another DVD burning software & check the company website
    for latest updates/ software patches.

    MT, Dec 1, 2003