DVD Burner Not reading some DVDr's

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Craig, Jun 30, 2006.

  1. Craig

    Craig Guest

    "D.L. Man" <> wrote in message
    >I bought a Lite-On DVD Burner from wally world and I am not sure why but
    > allot of DVD's are not showing up. I was haveing this problem with other
    > DVD's but I brought them back and had them replaced and they were working
    > better. Than I bought some HP DVD-R with the hope that the DVD would read
    > it. Its doing the same thing again where it won't read them. I hear a
    > grinding noise after the DVD starts reading the disk. I don't know if
    > there
    > is something physically wrong with the burner or if I am haveing bad luck
    > buying DVD's.
    >
    > Please help. Thanks.

    All burners require "updating" to fix bugs and ensure compatibilty with
    the ever increasing range of blank media, this type of update is called
    a "firmware". Identify the exact model in device manager, then visit
    the Lite-On site for your global locality, click on downloads, and follow
    the instructions for "flashing the firmware" for that specific model.

    D.L. Man, Jun 30, 2006