    My DVD burner will no longer burn DVD's. It picks them up, but once the burning starts it stops and ejects the disk and instructs to put in a new disk. I have tried a few different brands of blank DVDs, including the same ones (off the same spindle) that used to work just fine. I am using the correct DVD+R media for this burner. My system is a Dell Dimension 8400, and the burner is a Philips 8601. I normally use Sonic Record Now! but tried a different software to see if that was the problem, and that did not work either.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    brownmoses, Apr 15, 2007

  2. brownmoses

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I suggest you review the discussion at this web site: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/110557

    I think you might need a flash update. They provide a link for the manual on that site too, and you should download that for starters.

    If all else fails, buy another burner. DVD burners are cheap at computer shows - $35 to $40. How much is your time worth - that's the real question when it comes to tracking down a hardware/software problem.

    Good luck.
    bigal, Apr 16, 2007