    figure on the prices I have above not for dearer boxsets if any one has
    bought them for these prices

    cheers Dave

    Dragon, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Dragon

    Zygon Curry Guest

    On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:32:43 +0100, "Dragon"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi just a quick bit of advice please. I am looking at buying to DVD boxsets
    >from USA/Canada to the United Kingdom and I was wondering has anyone bought
    >any that they haven't had to pay import duties on. The prices for the two
    >are £24 and £44 and if they haven't got away with British duties how much on
    >top of the price for the boxset did they pay. Please note I would like a
    >figure on the prices I have above not for dearer boxsets if any one has
    >bought them for these prices

    I bought one R1 boxset for £50 and if I'm remembering correctly I
    ended up paying about £18 is tax on top of that. I think if it's an
    item is below £16 then it doesn't get hit by import tax. The tax
    itself while anoying isn't what angers me the most. It's Royal Mails
    insistance on adding an extra £4 on top as an admin charge!

    Zygon Curry, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Dragon

    Dafydd Jones Guest

    I've never had to pay import duties on any box sets I've bought from DVD Box
    Office in Canada during the last 4 years...(not yet!). I made the mistake
    of buying one from Play USA a few months ago and I did have to pay about £11
    on a £55 item. Won't make that mistake again!
    Dafydd.

    Dafydd Jones, Apr 14, 2004