    WINSLIX Guest

    i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
    how can i back up my dvd movies?
    WINSLIX, Oct 29, 2004

  2. WINSLIX

    Mook23 Guest

    "WINSLIX" <> wrote in message
    news:sifgd.7093$...
    >i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
    >how can i back up my dvd movies?

    The first and most important step is to LEARN TO FUCKING USE GOOGLE!
    Mook23, Oct 29, 2004

  3. WINSLIX

    awknod Guest

    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

    awknod, Oct 29, 2004
  4. WINSLIX

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Hopefully your burner will support dual layer blanks. All you need to do is
    buy some dual layer blanks and do a disc to disc copy. Problem is, dual
    layer blanks are $15 each or so, so it's probably cheaper to just buy a
    backup copy of the movie.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 29, 2004
  5. WINSLIX

    WinField Guest

    WINSLIX wrote:
    > i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included software.
    > how can i back up my dvd movies?

    DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
    movie backup.

    I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

    Here's one link to get you going with info:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

    Cheerio,
    Winfield
    WinField, Oct 29, 2004
  6. WINSLIX

    WiNsToN Guest

    thanks so much Winfield for an appropriate answer to a newbie. you dont
    know how much i appreciated it.

    WiNsToN, Oct 29, 2004
  7. WINSLIX

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "WinField" <> wrote in message

    > WINSLIX wrote:
    > > i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included

    software.
    > > how can i back up my dvd movies?

    > DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
    > movie backup.
    >
    > I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

    .....which would in turn make the 'backup' look like shit, therefore making
    it nothing close to being a true 'backup' because so much is lost by using
    single layer discs.
    Pug Fugley, Oct 29, 2004
  8. WINSLIX

    WinField Guest

    Pug Fugley wrote:
    > "WinField" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>WINSLIX wrote:
    >>
    >>>i just bought a memorex external dvd writer, nero 6 the included

    > software.
    >
    >>>how can i back up my dvd movies?

    >>DVD_Shrink or DVD_decryptor will bypass the copy protection and allow a
    >>movie backup.
    >>
    >>I would recommend backing up to single-layer dvd discs.

    > ....which would in turn make the 'backup' look like shit, therefore making
    > it nothing close to being a true 'backup' because so much is lost by using
    > single layer discs.

    Nobody likes poopy quality.
    Leave off the extras and do just the movie OR use (2) SINGLE-LAYER
    dvd discs for a complete backup.

    Sorry you couldn't figure that out from my original answer, Pug.
    Hey, live and learn. I've had my share of mistakes & coasters.

    My last batch of SL-dvd-discs cost me ~30 cents apiece. It's just not
    cost-effective to use DL-discs.

    just my .02 cents,
    Winfield
    WinField, Oct 29, 2004
  9. WINSLIX

    WinField Guest

    Re: dvd backup - erratum

    WinField wrote:

    > My last batch of SL-dvd-discs cost me ~30 cents apiece. It's just not
    > cost-effective to use DL-discs.

    Cost should be ~80ยข apiece. {Winf}
    WinField, Oct 29, 2004