DVD authoring software recomendation sought.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by anthonyberet, Jan 11, 2005.

  1. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    I basically want some software which will reliably convert .avi and mpeg
    (and hopefully Divx) files into a format suitable for DVD-r burning. I am in
    europe and may need to convert to PAL format.
    My DVD player tends to reject the discs I have done so far.(disc error).
    I have tried DVDRWs and DVD-Rs
    I have Nero 6 and Sonic MyDVD which came bundled with my new drive, but I am
    experiencing problems such as the burn button being greyed-out in Nero once
    I have done my compilation of .VOBs etc.
    (I am making the comilation with MyDVD and burning with NERO, as neither
    software seems happy to do both).
    A free app which is not too idiot-proof (ie which tells me what is happening
    in error messages of more then one syllable), would be appreciated. If it
    also burns, then so much the better.
    I am a consumate newbie at DVD authoring, but not burning CDs etc.

    Sorry about the large crosspost, rather than snipping groups at random, and
    making the replies hard to find, could replies be directed to
    alt.music.mp3.winmx if you can't bear crossposts?

    Thanks.
    anthonyberet, Jan 11, 2005