    Thanks.
    --
    Bob Adams - email address:

    Bob Adams, May 30, 2004

  2. Bob Adams wrote:

    > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
    > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio CD?

    hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
    tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
    any other cd.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, May 30, 2004

  3. Bob Adams

    mo Guest

    "Darrel Christenson" <> wrote in message
    > Bob Adams wrote:
    >

    > > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
    > > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio

    CD?

    > hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
    > tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
    > any other cd.

    most CD players wont be able to read DVDs though.

    The method I use is by ripping the audio using SmartRipper(which gives you a
    wav file which you can then split and burn)

    Choose the Stereo track for best quality

    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/smartripper.cfm

    IIRC you can rip the aduio without having to do the video - but if not jus
    tick the box which says 'rip audio into a seperate file' (or words to that
    effect)

    mo, May 30, 2004
  4. Bob Adams

    Keith Guest

    >> Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
    >> DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio CD?

    >hmmm... I think most DVD-Audio discs have standard stereo
    >tracks on them, just play it in your player like you would
    >any other cd.

    The DVD Audio discs that I have are also encoded in a DVD-Video format
    on the flip side for people that don't have DVD-Audio compatible
    players. They won't work in a standard CD player.

    Keith, May 30, 2004
  5. Bob Adams

    Biz Guest

    "Bob Adams" <> wrote in message

    > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
    > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio
    > CD?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Bob Adams - email address:

    I dont't think it can be done yet. But you can rip the audio compatiblity
    track.

    Biz, May 31, 2004
  6. "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob Adams" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > Can anybody recommend a utility that can rip the audio from a DVD-Audio
    > > DVD in .cda format (or whatever) so as it can be burnt on to an audio
    > > CD?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > > --
    > > Bob Adams - email address:

    > I dont't think it can be done yet. But you can rip the audio compatiblity
    > track.

    IMTOO has a DVD Audio Ripper. Rips to an MP3 that can be burned
    to a CD. Lets you specify MP3 or WAV output. Also allows selection of
    the bitrate.

    I bought it and two companion programs that IMTOO has: CD ripper and
    DVD ripper.

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Jun 1, 2004