    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    Southern Kiwi, Jul 26, 2005

  2. Southern Kiwi

    cowboyz Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:05 +1200, Southern Kiwi
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    > DVD - ARITA 2.4X DVD+RW
    >
    > Any comments?
    >
    > Any failures?

    I used them a fair bit with no trouble.

    --
    Luck usually comes to those who do not include it in their plans.
    cowboyz, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Southern Kiwi

    Richard Guest

    Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > DVD - ARITA 2.4X DVD+RW
    >
    > Any comments?
    >
    > Any failures?

    Heres a comment: 2.4x - really slow....
    Richard, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Southern Kiwi

    Tony Guest

    On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 20:22:05 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >DVD - ARITA 2.4X DVD+RW
    >
    >Any comments?
    >
    >Any failures?

    If you need good one for DATA only use the Mitsubishi one sold by DSE..
    Tony, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Southern Kiwi

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Re: DVD - ARITA 2.4X DVD+RW Comments?

    Richard wrote:
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > > DVD - ARITA 2.4X DVD+RW
    > >
    > > Any comments?
    > >
    > > Any failures?

    > Heres a comment: 2.4x - really slow....

    These are DVD+RW, so 2.4x isn't that untypical. Hard to find decent
    +-RW discs in NZ that are faster.

    I've been using the ARITA discs for ages. They work well, but watch out
    for damaging the disc surface. They do scratch quite easily, but I
    haven't found a +-RW disc that doesn't.

    I generally get 50+ re-uses before they get too scratched for my DVD
    Player.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Jul 27, 2005
  6. Southern Kiwi

    Richard Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:

    >>Heres a comment: 2.4x - really slow....

    > These are DVD+RW, so 2.4x isn't that untypical. Hard to find decent
    > +-RW discs in NZ that are faster.
    >
    > I've been using the ARITA discs for ages. They work well, but watch out
    > for damaging the disc surface. They do scratch quite easily, but I
    > haven't found a +-RW disc that doesn't.
    >
    > I generally get 50+ re-uses before they get too scratched for my DVD
    > Player.

    Then you are a lot more carefull then most people. I have previously lent RWs
    with *cough* backups *cough* on it to people, and they usually come back
    scratched and unusable again. I figured its cheaper to use write once discs and
    just give them away
    Richard, Jul 27, 2005
  7. Southern Kiwi

    Richard wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    >
    > >>Heres a comment: 2.4x - really slow....

    > > These are DVD+RW, so 2.4x isn't that untypical. Hard to find decent
    > > +-RW discs in NZ that are faster.
    > >
    > > I've been using the ARITA discs for ages. They work well, but watch out
    > > for damaging the disc surface. They do scratch quite easily, but I
    > > haven't found a +-RW disc that doesn't.
    > >
    > > I generally get 50+ re-uses before they get too scratched for my DVD
    > > Player.

    > Then you are a lot more carefull then most people. I have previously lent RWs
    > with *cough* backups *cough* on it to people, and they usually come back
    > scratched and unusable again. I figured its cheaper to use write once discs and
    > just give them away

    Yeah I often do that for disks I lend out. At 50c a disk it makes
    sense. For testing of my own DVD Layouts etc I like to use RW discs to
    check player compatability. The Arita disks work just fine.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Jul 27, 2005
  8. Southern Kiwi

    mctt Guest

    good enough for data but not video, at least on my DVD player.

    Try the ricoh 4x +rw, cost a bit more but give better compatibility, and
    MUCH faster!
    (40mins vs 20mins)

    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:42e5f2ce$...

    mctt, Jul 27, 2005