    but they are good and funny but looking for more serious swashbuckling films
    old or new.

    cheers Dave
    Dragon, Feb 6, 2007

  2. Dragon

    AZ Nomad Guest

    www.imdb.com
    AZ Nomad, Feb 6, 2007

  3. Dragon

    Jordan Guest

    On Feb 6, 12:44 pm, "Dragon" <> wrote:
    > Ok guys just watched Master and Commander on dvd and really enjoyed it so I
    > am looking for some similar films. I have pirates of the Caribbean 1 and 2
    > but they are good and funny but looking for more serious swashbuckling films
    > old or new.

    Well, there are swordfight films which are similar in genre... Cyrano
    De Bergerac (original 50's version with Jose Ferrer, not the modern
    Gerard Depardieu version), Scaramouche, Adventures of Robin Hood, Mask
    of Zorro (the original, not the Antonio Banderas versions.)

    But if you really like Master and Commander, you should know it's
    based on an extensive series of novels.

    All 20 in one box:
    http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Aubr...=pd_bbs_5/104-1379824-4482361?ie=UTF8&s=books

    - Jordan