    I don't know if it's compatible.

    Thanks

    John

    John, Dec 12, 2004

  2. John

    ric Guest

    John wrote:

    > Hi. I just wondered if anyone knows how to record DVD-Audio, if it's
    > possible yet., or whether you need special equipment? Can this be
    > done on a DVD Burner on your computer if you can get the right
    > software? How do I even find out if my DVD equipment will read DVD-A?
    > I don't know if it's compatible.

    All DVD players will read DVD-A (IIRC), but not with the increased
    resolution that DVD-A enabled players provide.

    http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_intro.htm

    ric, Dec 12, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:58:04 -0800, A strange species called ric
    <> wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >
    >> Hi. I just wondered if anyone knows how to record DVD-Audio, if it's
    >> possible yet., or whether you need special equipment? Can this be
    >> done on a DVD Burner on your computer if you can get the right
    >> software? How do I even find out if my DVD equipment will read DVD-A?
    >> I don't know if it's compatible.

    >All DVD players will read DVD-A (IIRC), but not with the increased
    >resolution that DVD-A enabled players provide.
    >
    >http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_intro.htm

    I've just bought a Pioneer 108 DVD Burner. Do you know if I can burn
    my own DVD-Audio discs on this? What format are the DVD-Audio files?
    Mpeg-2 and PCM?

    John

    John, Dec 13, 2004
  4. John

    ric Guest

    John wrote:

    > >All DVD players will read DVD-A (IIRC), but not with the increased
    > >resolution that DVD-A enabled players provide.
    > >
    > >http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_intro.htm

    > I've just bought a Pioneer 108 DVD Burner. Do you know if I can burn
    > my own DVD-Audio discs on this? What format are the DVD-Audio files?
    > Mpeg-2 and PCM?

    It's all in the FAQ at the above URL.

    They (DVD-V audio and DVD-A audio) are both PCM, but with different
    sampling and data rates.

    What does your 108 owners manual say?

    ric, Dec 13, 2004
  5. John

    ric Guest

    John wrote:

    > >All DVD players will read DVD-A (IIRC), but not with the increased
    > >resolution that DVD-A enabled players provide.
    > >
    > >http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_intro.htm

    > I've just bought a Pioneer 108 DVD Burner. Do you know if I can burn
    > my own DVD-Audio discs on this? What format are the DVD-Audio files?
    > Mpeg-2 and PCM?

    Curious as to why? What is your source material?

    ric, Dec 13, 2004