dv video camera with video in

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by richard.ellis7@ntlworld.com, Nov 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
    > between £200 and £300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
    > connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
    > am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    > one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    > please.

    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that you
    need to connect an "external lens"? Do you mean that you need to
    replace the lens with a different one -- like an SLR in photography
    --
    or that you need to connect the camera to another camera and use the
    camera as just a recorder -- in which case you might do better just

    In any case, check www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll see what generally
    available. However, it seems to me that your budget might be a
    little
    low.

    I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    > external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    > why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record cd
    > quality sound.

    If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
    remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with
    much
    less noise than on-camera mikes.

    If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an

    my requirement is to use the camera mainly as a point and shoot to
    capture family video etc but the analouge in is to attach a remote
    lens and mic so the camera cn be mounted inboard in safety in the f2
    sidecar i race and the external lens can be mounted on the fairing
    and
    the mike near the exhaust. hope this makes my requirements and usage
    more clear. i have decided on mini dv due to the vibrations on the
    sidecar which may cause a dvd or hard drive to jump. thought about
    just a recorder but want to use the camera for family stuff too.

    , Nov 6, 2007

  2. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    i am wanting to purchase a dv video camera and have a budget of
    > between £200 and £300. my main requirement is analouge in or video in
    > connections as i require to connect an external lens and microphone. i
    > am having problems wadeing through all the cameras out there to find
    > one that matches my criteria. can anybody advise on what is available
    > please.

    I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean that you
    need to connect an "external lens"? Do you mean that you need to
    replace the lens with a different one -- like an SLR in photography
    --
    or that you need to connect the camera to another camera and use the
    camera as just a recorder -- in which case you might do better just
    buying a dedicated recorder.

    In any case, check www.bhphotovideo.com and you'll see what generally
    available. However, it seems to me that your budget might be a
    little
    low.

    I don't really understand what you want-do you want a camcorder with
    > external mic input(these are at the higher end-maybe above 500 euros), but
    > why, since all good camcorders have excellent stereo mics and can record

    cd
    > quality sound.

    If there is ambient noise, the on-camera mikes pick that up also. A
    remote mike on a cable, or a wireless mike, picks up speaker with
    much
    less noise than on-camera mikes.
    <end quote>

    Agreed.But my sony dcr hc32-e with a retail price of 500 euros, has no ext
    mic input, probably the next model has, but IMHO not worth the extra money
    because it has a megapixel sensor, and we are talking about very small
    sensors, consequences known....(Bad low light performance).
    If you mean an A/V input, so that you use the camcorder as an

    my requirement is to use the camera mainly as a point and shoot to
    capture family video etc but the analouge in is to attach a remote
    lens and mic so the camera cn be mounted inboard in safety in the f2
    sidecar i race and the external lens can be mounted on the fairing
    and
    the mike near the exhaust. hope this makes my requirements and usage
    more clear. i have decided on mini dv due to the vibrations on the
    sidecar which may cause a dvd or hard drive to jump. thought about
    just a recorder but want to use the camera for family stuff too.

    <end quote>
    I don't think that's possible, because the only case of lens I know to
    exist, that fulfills this requirement, is a CCTV camera, and obviously has
    very low quality.You don't need just a lens, it needs a sensor, too, to
    capture the video, battery, and more hardware to transmit the video to the
    camera.See here,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge-coupled_device
    and
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camcorder
    so you need a custom solution, AFAIK there's nothing generic to cover your
    needs, as you need off-the-shelf equipment with such a low budget.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Nov 6, 2007