    Thanks...

    Tor
    , Oct 23, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 a great little lens, but it appears to be
    > suseptable to dust intake. Its only a few months old, and I have some
    > serious dust in there. My shots taken all the way open seem to have a
    > bit more hightlight bloom than before.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do, short of buying a new one?

    Local camera store any help? Where did you get it? Should be under warranty.

    And: Thank heavens this is one of the very cheapest good lenses......

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 23, 2006

  3. Dan Sullivan Guest

    wrote:
    > I have the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 a great little lens, but it appears to be
    > suseptable to dust intake. Its only a few months old, and I have some
    > serious dust in there. My shots taken all the way open seem to have a
    > bit more hightlight bloom than before.

    You're imagining the "bit more highlight bloom."

    The dust isn't doing anything, other than causing you concern.
    Dan Sullivan, Oct 23, 2006
  4. Bill Crocker Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> I have the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 a great little lens, but it appears to be
    >> suseptable to dust intake. Its only a few months old, and I have some
    >> serious dust in there. My shots taken all the way open seem to have a
    >> bit more hightlight bloom than before.
    >>
    >> Is there anything I can do, short of buying a new one?

    > Local camera store any help? Where did you get it? Should be under
    > warranty.
    >
    > And: Thank heavens this is one of the very cheapest good lenses......
    >

    > --
    > John McWilliams

    Warranty covers dust?

    Bill Crocker
    Bill Crocker, Oct 23, 2006
  5. Hoover Guest

    I bought this and it works great
    http://www.copperhillimages.com/index.php?pr=tutorials

    Hoover, Oct 23, 2006
  6. Hoover Guest

    Is the dust on the lens or the inside of the camera? If not the lens, this
    won't help you

    Hoover, Oct 23, 2006
  7. Guest

    Dan Sullivan wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 a great little lens, but it appears to be
    > > suseptable to dust intake. Its only a few months old, and I have some
    > > serious dust in there. My shots taken all the way open seem to have a
    > > bit more hightlight bloom than before.

    > You're imagining the "bit more highlight bloom."
    >
    > The dust isn't doing anything, other than causing you concern.

    Well, you haven't seen how much dust there is. Its quite a bit. The
    cantrast would definately lower, and I could easily see a highlight
    flare.

    Warrantee sounds unlikely, as I certainly put the dust there.

    Looks like I just need a new one.

    dang.

    Tor
    , Nov 4, 2006
  8. Dan Sullivan Guest

    wrote:
    > Dan Sullivan wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > I have the Canon EF 50mm 1.8 a great little lens, but it appears to be
    > > > suseptable to dust intake. Its only a few months old, and I have some
    > > > serious dust in there. My shots taken all the way open seem to have a
    > > > bit more hightlight bloom than before.

    > > You're imagining the "bit more highlight bloom."
    > >
    > > The dust isn't doing anything, other than causing you concern.

    > Well, you haven't seen how much dust there is. Its quite a bit. The
    > cantrast would definately lower, and I could easily see a highlight
    > flare.
    >
    > Warrantee sounds unlikely, as I certainly put the dust there.
    >
    > Looks like I just need a new one.
    >
    > dang.

    A while back a friend of mine mentioned he needed a new computer.

    I asked why he thought that.

    He replied, "Because it's full."

    I told him he was right.

    He needed a new computer.

    dang
    Dan Sullivan, Nov 4, 2006
  9. Guest

    I want glass between my sensor and the subject, not a bunch of crap. I
    was dreaming of someone pulling one of these apart at home with some
    success, but that seems unlikely. I would be willing to try anything
    risky, cause this thing won't pull much on ebay because, unlike dan,
    most folks want nothing to do with a dusty lens.

    , Nov 9, 2006
  10. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I want glass between my sensor and the subject, not a bunch of crap. I
    > was dreaming of someone pulling one of these apart at home with some
    > success, but that seems unlikely. I would be willing to try anything
    > risky, cause this thing won't pull much on ebay because, unlike dan,
    > most folks want nothing to do with a dusty lens.

    Does the dust affect the resolution of the lens?

    Is the lens/camera still under guarantee?

    Where have you been using the camera?

    How much to replace the lens?
    Stewy, Nov 10, 2006