    air can?

    Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or is
    it best left alone?

    The One, Apr 6, 2005

  2. The One

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Fuzzy Logic, Apr 6, 2005

  3. The One

    Old Gringo Guest

    Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    > "The One" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a
    >>ompressed air can?
    >>
    >>Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or
    >>is it best left alone?

    > This will explain what to do:
    >
    > http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=60403472

    Good link, Thanks

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Apr 6, 2005
  4. The One

    °Mike° Guest

    In <425415a9$>,
    The One took 7 lines to utter:

    >Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a ompressed
    >air can?

    Yes, much better than most other methods.

    >Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or is
    >it best left alone?

    The best thing about using compressed air is that you don't
    have to touch anything inside the case. Even so, you should
    still earth yourself before proceeding, as static can still jump
    small gaps.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 6, 2005
  5. The One

    Plato Guest

    The One wrote:

    > Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a ompressed
    > air can?

    Yes. Been doing it for ten years no problem.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 6, 2005
  6. "Fuzzy Logic" <> wrote in message
    > "The One" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Is it a good idea to remove dust from inside a computer using a
    > > ompressed air can?
    > >
    > > Is there any possibility that I can cause static and kill the system, or
    > > is it best left alone?

    > This will explain what to do:
    >
    > http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=60403472

    Excellent thankyou.