    as alternatives to trying to disassemble the thing.

    Any other ideas welcome.

    mike

    m II, Mar 20, 2006

  2. m II

    Paul Heslop Guest

    m II wrote:

    > My 720 zoom has a flake on the inside surface of the lens. Anyone have
    > any tricks for dislodging it? I've thought of vacuum or compressed air
    > as alternatives to trying to disassemble the thing.
    >
    > Any other ideas welcome.
    >
    > mike

    I'm not sure how you would get the air to the speck if it's inside the
    lens.
    --
    Paul (This is really happening, happening)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Mar 20, 2006

  3. m II

    Guest

    I'm guessing it is less than a mm? If so, why are you worrying about
    something that almost certainly has not got any effect on your images?
    (O:

    If a very gentle tap doesn't dislodge it, forget it. It's just
    aesthetic.

    Vacuums and blowers move air. Unless you know that the new air will be
    clean, how can you guarantee that a few more bits might not end up on
    the lens? They can also introduce static electricity, or if used to
    excess, even damage the cameras delicate bits - both of those are
    called 'bad things'.

    , Mar 20, 2006
  4. m II

    m II Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm guessing it is less than a mm? If so, why are you worrying about
    > something that almost certainly has not got any effect on your images?
    > (O:

    Knowing it's there is keeping me awake nights.....

    mike

    m II, Mar 21, 2006
  5. m II

    wayne Guest

    Well if a tap on the lens does not move it, it would be a service job
    for a qualified lens technician. This is not something you seriously
    want to consider trying to do yourself.

    My advice: find something else to worry about until you have forgotten
    about it.

    Cheers,

    Wayne

    Blog and Podcast http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/

    wayne, Mar 21, 2006
  6. m II

    m II Guest

    wayne wrote:

    > Well if a tap on the lens does not move it, it would be a service job
    > for a qualified lens technician. This is not something you seriously
    > want to consider trying to do yourself.
    >
    > My advice: find something else to worry about until you have forgotten
    > about it.
    >
    > Cheers,

    I'm sorry, I was busy staring at this lens..what were you saying?

    mike

    m II, Mar 24, 2006
  7. I can certainly sympathise Mike as I have the same problem. It's only a
    small speck and it shouldn't have any effect but just knowing it's there
    does my head in. It's particularly annoying for me because it just
    shouldn't happen with a £3000 lens (Canon in my case).

    In message <WrJTf.4983$nQ6.3566@clgrps13>, m II <> writes

    --
    Victor Meldrew

    Remove bra to reply by e-mail.