    vacuum cleaner to suck them out, but i failed. Does anyone know any
    good solution for me, anyway, P100 is still a handy camera to me, i do
    not want to dump it.

    liao.zd, Apr 2, 2007

  2. liao.zd

    John Turco Guest

    On Apr 2, 8:52 am, "liao.zd" <> wrote:
    > When I try to take a photo of the bright sky, i find many black dots
    > andfiberscan be seen from the LCD. I try to open it, and use a
    > vacuum cleaner to suck them out, but i failed. Does anyone know any
    > good solution for me, anyway,P100is still a handycamerato me, i do
    > not want to dump it.

    Hello,

    No, I highly doubt that it would be worth it, to have the camera
    professionally cleaned. You'd probably be far better off, locating
    a secondhand P100, on eBay.

    Good luck and happy hunting!

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Apr 14, 2007

  3. liao.zd

    Mike Russell Guest

    On Apr 2, 8:52 am, "liao.zd" <> wrote:
    > When I try to take a photo of the bright sky, i find many black dots
    > andfiberscan be seen from the LCD. I try to open it, and use a
    > vacuum cleaner to suck them out, but i failed. Does anyone know any
    > good solution for me, anyway,P100is still a handycamerato me, i do
    > not want to dump it.

    You may get better results from using canned air to blow out the dust,
    rather than a vacuum cleaner. Be careful, though, as it is easy to destroy
    your camera this way, particularly if you fire some of the liquid material
    directly on the sensor!

    Or if the dots do not show up on your normal images, continue to use the
    camera the way it is now
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Apr 14, 2007
  4. On Apr 2, 9:52 am, "liao.zd" <> wrote:
    > When I try to take a photo of the bright sky, i find many black dots
    > and fibers can be seen from theLCD. I try to open it, and use a
    > vacuum cleaner to suck them out, but i failed. Does anyone know any
    > good solution for me, anyway, P100 is still a handycamerato me, i do
    > not want to dump it.

    Pl.use a jet of pure Air to clean this.
    Even a manual Air pump or Air cans can be tried.
    There are lens cleaning tissues and chemicals available in Photo
    stores.

    Sivaram

    SONY digital camera parts, Apr 16, 2007