    --

    remove SPAM to reply
    Victoria Concordia Crescit
    KerplunKuK, Feb 26, 2004

  2. KerplunKuK

    Brian H¹© Guest

    KerplunKuK said:

    > Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
    > both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    > Any useful links?

    In all fairness, you could visit AMD's site and have a look at the different
    specs and see for yourself.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004

  3. KerplunKuK

    ICee Guest

    KerplunKuK wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6
    > in both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    > Any useful links?

    The Duron has the same core as the Athlon, but less L2 cache; 64 KB for
    the Duron, 256 KB for the Athlon, and 512 KB for the Athlon Barton core
    CPU.
    The default FSB for the Duron is 100 MHz (200 DDR), 133 MHz (266 DDR)
    for the Athlon, and 166 and 200 MHz (333 and 400 DDR) for the Barton
    core Athlons.
    The different CPU's and their specs are listed here (towards the end of
    the page):
    http://www.amdboard.com/amdid.html
    ICee, Feb 26, 2004
  4. KerplunKuK

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:28:06 -0000, "KerplunKuK" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
    >both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    >Any useful links?

    Unfortunately, that's a bit too broad. Even within the Athlon family itself, there are a number of versions and
    generations to add to your confusion.

    A couple of hours at AMD.com should have you straightened right out.
    Harrison, Feb 26, 2004
  5. KerplunKuK

    ]v[etaphoid Guest

    "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
    > both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    > Any useful links?

    Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio. Accordingly
    it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran will be
    better.

    Hope this helps.
    ]v[etaphoid, Feb 26, 2004
  6. KerplunKuK

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    ]v[etaphoid wrote:

    > "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
    >>both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    >>Any useful links?

    > Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio. Accordingly
    > it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran will be
    > better.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    In an attempt to be clever, you just put egg on your face. How did you
    get DURAN from DURON?

    He did spell Athlon wrong though, so perhaps you could have another go?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Feb 26, 2004
  7. "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > ]v[etaphoid wrote:
    >
    > > "KerplunKuK" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Can anyone tell me how athalon processors compare to Duron? Is a 1.6 in
    > >>both similar speed wise or is one quicker than the other?
    > >>Any useful links?

    > > Duran Duran were a 5-piece band, whereas A-Ha were just a trio.

    Accordingly
    > > it is fair to surmise that all other things being equal, Duran Duran

    will be
    > > better.
    > >
    > > Hope this helps.
    > >

    > In an attempt to be clever, you just put egg on your face. How did you
    > get DURAN from DURON?
    >
    > He did spell Athlon wrong though, so perhaps you could have another go?
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    And you spelt Old wrong. Get over it egg boi.
    Malcolm Function, Feb 26, 2004