    delicate?

    Thanks
    Graham

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 14, 2003

  2. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote in

    > I have a situation in which a mouse on a particular system falls of its
    > holder and swings by the cord (rarely but occasionally hitting anything)
    > once or twice every month. I would like to get an optical mouse for this
    > station but wonder if the shock would harm anything. Are they rather
    > delicate?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Graham

    From what I've seen, they're just as rugged as regular mice. I suppose you
    could get a custom aluminum shell made for it. ;)

    http://www.pc-component.com/customer/product.php?productid=655&cat=&page=3
    For Microsoft

    http://www.pc-component.com/customer/product.php?productid=667&cat=&page=4
    For Logitech

    --
    -=/ www.PC-Component.com /=-
    Parts & Service

    PC-Component.com, Jul 15, 2003

  3. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote in

    > I have a situation in which a mouse on a particular system falls of
    > its holder and swings by the cord (rarely but occasionally hitting
    > anything) once or twice every month. I would like to get an optical
    > mouse for this station but wonder if the shock would harm anything.
    > Are they rather delicate?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Graham

    They don't have the weight of the mouseball; being lighter they should
    be subject to less shock than conventional mouses. They aren't
    particulary fragile. I wouldn't be happy if my mouse fell off its
    holder once or twice a month.

    Where do you plug it in? You run the risk of fscking some connector,
    either at the mouse, or at the mouse connector, or in the box. You
    might want to invest in a few centimetres of velcro or a better holder
    or something.

    Santiago Zawojski, Jul 15, 2003
  4. PC-Component.com wrote:

    > From what I've seen, they're just as rugged as regular mice. I suppose you
    > could get a custom aluminum shell made for it. ;)

    Well of course if you wear an aluminum foil deflector beanie, you should
    have one for your mouse too. I mean, it stands to reason, dunnit?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 15, 2003