    instructions would be appreciated

    Many thanks

    Alan

    Alan, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Alan

    hawhaw Guest

    go into system properties/Advanced & click on Setup and recovery, use the
    drop down box to select your boot OS then edit that boot.ini, delete
    everything in the scrypt which comes after text similar to this "
    WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /fastdetect /noexecute
    "...yours will be different but delete what comes after that noexecute,
    which refers to Os No2.
    This will boot the one OS , but you might have to delete some tempory folder
    to gain back some disk space, containing partial install files.

    hawhaw, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Alan

    Kenny Guest

    In the Run box type "msconfig" and click "boot.ini" tab then "check all boot
    paths".

    --

    Kenny

    "Alan" <> wrote in message
    > Recently had a crash on my laptop and used the XP home edition rescue

    disk
    > supplied by the manufacturer. Unfortunately, due to my lack of knowledge,

    XP
    > also tried to re install itself - now when I reboot the pc there are 2
    > versions of XP showing - one partially installed and the other my original
    > version of XP - how can I get rid of the partial installation? Step by

    step

    Kenny, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Thanks - just hope my next re boot works

    Alan, Dec 22, 2004