    I have photos scattered over my HD. Does anyone know of a SW to find
    and allow me to remove the duplicates?

    --> Remove par from email address for replying
    golf, Jul 11, 2004

  2. golf

    leo Guest

    "golf" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Group:
    > I have photos scattered over my HD. Does anyone know of a SW to find
    > and allow me to remove the duplicates?
    >
    > --> Remove par from email address for replying

    Try Image Dupless
    leo, Jul 11, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi Group:
    > I have photos scattered over my HD. Does anyone know of a SW to find
    > and allow me to remove the duplicates?
    >
    > --> Remove par from email address for replying

    IMatch from www.photools.com

    It's more of an image database program but it can do lots of duplicate
    and similar type of matching. It is written by a guy that is an expert in
    that field.
    Grant Robertson, Jul 11, 2004
  4. golf

    M Barnes Guest

    golf wrote:

    > I have photos scattered over my HD.
    > Does anyone know of a SW to find
    > and allow me to remove the duplicates?

    ACDSee does this, under Tools, Find Duplicates.
    Once the dupes are located, there is a simple
    checkbox removal option.

    There are also standalone utilities that can
    do this. Search under "duplicate file finder."
    SpaceHound is one I've used in the past.
    M Barnes, Jul 11, 2004
  5. My personal favourite is "Thumbs Plus"
    www.cerious.com
    Apart from checking for similar images (Both with your HDD storage, and your
    offline CD/DVD storage, it also helps batch photo's for webpages, and even
    generates thumbnail pages etc.

    It's check will find them, even if they are different sizes and formats, eg
    Large JPG, and a GIF miniature of it. Really worth the $$$$

    The Aussie Viking.
    The Aussie Viking, Jul 11, 2004
  6. "golf" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Group:
    > I have photos scattered over my HD. Does anyone know of a SW to find
    > and allow me to remove the duplicates?

    http://www.satsignal.net => Disk Utilities, FindDuplicates

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 11, 2004
  7. golf

    Onno Guest

    golf <> wrote in news:cs81f05p6a1rap59r5mnlnufajg58tu21i@
    4ax.com:

    > I have photos scattered over my HD. Does anyone know of a SW to find
    > and allow me to remove the duplicate

    Uniquefiler is quite good.Also for comparing new files with databases of
    off-line CD's.

    http://www.uniquefiler.com/

    Nagware, so you don't have to pay, but you get a nag screen every once and
    a while

    --
    Onno
    Onno, Jul 11, 2004
  8. golf

    Henrik2000 Guest

    ThumbsPlus works amazingly well in finding duplicates that are
    visually alike, but may have different file sizes, pixel numbers,
    slightly different content etc. etc. You can fine tune the search
    function (sort by colors/shapes), and there are actually two commands:
    - arrange all pics in one directory by visual similarity
    - find all pics that resemble the one just selected

    From what i remember, ACDSee does not check for visual similarity, but
    only for similar technical data like number of pixels.

    Two more beginner softwares - i think - can do a search for visually
    (not technically) similar images: Photoshop Album 2 (search less
    convincing than ThumbsPlus) and Microsoft PictureIt Foto Designer, the
    most recent version.

    Adobe has a permanently free "Starter Edition" of their Photoshop
    Album 2, but i don't know if it does include this search for visually
    similar pics. As a file browser, for my feel the commercial version
    lacks many essential features.
    Henrik2000, Jul 11, 2004
  9. In article <40f0cef2$0$27219$>,
    says...
    > My personal favourite is "Thumbs Plus"
    > www.cerious.com
    > Apart from checking for similar images (Both with your HDD storage, and your
    > offline CD/DVD storage, it also helps batch photo's for webpages, and even
    > generates thumbnail pages etc.
    >
    > It's check will find them, even if they are different sizes and formats, eg
    > Large JPG, and a GIF miniature of it. Really worth the $$$$
    >
    > The Aussie Viking.

    I had evaluated Thumbs Plus before evaluating IMatch. I dropped Thumbs
    Plus because you had to use SQL query statements to search for your
    files. I've been a computer guy for over 25 years but I don't want to
    have to learn SQL just to find my pictures. Plus it seems the programmer
    is going down the slippery slope of just sticking in all kinds of
    features just because someone mentioned it and it was easy to program.

    I just dropped IMatch as well for similar reasons.

    I don't happen to really need the duplicate finding features that the
    original poster was looking for. I just knew IMatch had them.

    What I really need is a good, solid database program that just works
    without trying to do everything every other program in the world does.
    Grant Robertson, Jul 11, 2004
  10. golf

    Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 10:25:12 -0500, Grant Robertson
    <> wrote:

    >What I really need is a good, solid database program that just works
    >without trying to do everything every other program in the world does.

    Duplicate Image Finder from http://www.rmsft.com/ does just this one
    thing. I haven't used it in a long while, but as far as I remember it
    worked ok. I have no experience of any other prog with which to
    compare it though.

    MJ
    , Jul 12, 2004
  11. PeterZiminski, Jul 12, 2004
  12. golf

    Alan Guest

    NoClone uses different approach, it compares files byte by byte, so
    the duplicate photo files found are exactly the same regarless file
    name.
    http://NoClone.net

    Alan, Aug 6, 2004
  14. Alan wrote:
    > NoClone uses different approach, it compares files byte by byte, so
    > the duplicate photo files found are exactly the same regarless file
    > name.

    As does my free FindDuplicates program:

    http://www.satsignal.net => Disk Utilties, Find Duplicates

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Aug 6, 2004
  15. golf

    Markus L Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > NoClone uses different approach, it compares files byte by byte, so
    > the duplicate photo files found are exactly the same regarless file
    > name.
    > http://NoClone.net

    Take a look at IMatch by http://photools.com/ .
    Not only finds binary duplicates, but also "similar" files.
    Works great, even for huge colletions of thousands of images.
    Am a satisfied IMatch user, not associated with Photools.
    Markus L, Aug 6, 2004
  16. golf

    allancass

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Find Duplicate Photos

    You can try this FREE tool that was recently featured on PCMagazine and ZDNet:
    Fast Duplicate File Finder will help you find fast all duplicate files in a folder and its sub folders.
    The applications will compare the content of your files so it will find duplicates even if they are using different file names.
    It uses fast binary comparison algorithm and has internal preview supporting a lot of image, video, music and text file formats.

    They also have the best tool that will find similar photos extremely fast, but it is not free:

    Visual Similarity Duplicate Image Finder will find all similar and duplicate images in a folder and its sub folders.
    It uses advanced algorithms in order to find similar images in a way that a human does.
    Due to that fact it can find similar images even if they are in different image formats and sizes.

    Just google for them as I can not post links - MindGems dot com.
    allancass, Apr 5, 2009
  17. golf

    adrenial

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Tool to Delete duplicates

    Use duplicate finder 2009 to delete duplicate files and images, i use when i was managing my photo collection which was contain thousands of duplicate photos,
    it helped me and it also known as duplicate photo remover[/URL] tool.

    Find Here : www(.)duplicate-finder-pro(.)com
    adrenial, Dec 21, 2009
  18. golf

    Jade141

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Take a look at this Image duplicate finder tool to remove duplicates, from ashisoft.

    Find Here : Search for Ashisoft
    Jade141, Apr 10, 2010