duplicate folders V2

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by anOLDun, Sep 27, 2003.

  1. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi
    Many thanks for the replies

    I use both hard drives but PC boots up from D drive

    I have folders in both drives that i use all the time.

    I downloaded "system mechanic" as suggested and ran the "dup check" option -
    which obviously found tons of dupes.

    QUESTION

    If i deleted the "dupes" from my C drive BUT a folder in my C drive needed
    some of the deleted data would the PC "know" to look in my D drive?

    I'm guessing the answer is no - but just wanted to make sure.

    IF the answer is no........

    Can i cut and paste the folders i use from my C drive to my D drive then
    delete the C drive dupes. Then if a " tansfered" file needed the info it
    would auto check my D drive for it and NOT the C drive?

    Again .if the answer is no .. which i suspect it will be

    Is my ONLY option to re install the files into my D drive and then delete
    the C drive data.

    I think i should clarify.........
    the files on my C drive i am talking about are 2 types ( i think)

    1 .. folder i create to house say some of my drawings
    2 .. programmes i use for designing say Photoshop

    There will not be dupes of these folders on my D drive
    BUT if i cut and paste say my Photoshop folder and then fire it up will it
    find the required data in my D drive or will it try and look for it in the
    now deleted "system"(?) folder on my C drive.

    I need to go lie down in a darkened room.

    Hope the above has not caused toooooo much confusion

    many thanks

    anOLDun, Sep 27, 2003