    cicero Guest

    Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover. Ta

    cicero, Mar 12, 2009

  2. cicero

    sandy58 Guest

    sandy58, Mar 12, 2009

  3. cicero

    Keyser Söze Guest

    cicero <> wrote in message
    news:OJ2ul.7348$2:

    > Hi Folks,
    > Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
    > Ta

    The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
    even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
    decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are needed
    or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
    which the files reside and relies upon.

    So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
    course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.

    Google jv16, then when you've fucked up your system, come back and be as
    specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 12, 2009
  4. cicero

    cicero Guest

    "Keyser Söze" <> wrote in
    message news:gpal70$5t0$...
    > cicero <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Hi Folks,
    >> Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate file remover.
    >> Ta

    > The reliability to which you refer is not of a utility program, it's not
    > even reliability of the individual using such a program. It is more the
    > decisions the individual takes in determining if duplicate files are
    > needed
    > or not; Not, you understand, needed by the user, but rather the system on
    > which the files reside and relies upon.
    >
    > So, it's not quite as simple as you would have yourself believe, unless of
    > course you're referring to music, pr0n video or picture files.
    >
    > Google jv16, then when you've fucked up your system, come back and be as
    > specific as you can about what duplicate files /you. decided to remove.

    Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a night
    class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

    cicero, Mar 12, 2009
  5. cicero

    cicero Guest

    cicero, Mar 12, 2009
  6. cicero

    Keyser Söze Guest

    cicero <> wrote in message

    >>> Of course I'm referring to the a/m files, you pedant. Go and take a
    >>> night class on how to be polite, using sandy58 as an example.

    >> lol
    >>
    >> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

    > Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
    > expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

    I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
    shit.

    I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
    dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

    Keyser Söze, Mar 12, 2009
  7. cicero

    cicero Guest

    >>> lol
    >>>
    >>> Your sensibilities are so noted, you brainless pansy-arsed ****-wipe.

    >> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
    >> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

    > I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I give a
    > shit.
    >
    > I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could only
    > dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't one of them.

    Ahaa, that would be the Gay Gordons then.

    cicero, Mar 12, 2009
  8. cicero

    Keyser Söze Guest

    cicero <> wrote in message

    >>> Hmm, If that's your best effort I think a stint in the Navy might
    >>> expand your alternative, unimaginative vocabulary.

    >> I feel your pain but for the fact you assume, incorrectly, that I
    >> give a shit.
    >>
    >> I've done my 'time' with various elite services military you could
    >> only dream to have been associated with; the rectum rangers wasn't
    >> one of them.

    > Ahaa, that would be the Gay Gordons then.

    There are no second prizes, you lame fucktard.

    Keyser Söze, Mar 12, 2009
  9. cicero

    John Dean Guest

    http://www.macecraft.com/
    --
    John Dean
    Oxford

    John Dean, Mar 12, 2009
  10. cicero

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:53:54 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >What do you call "duplicate"?

    Umm.. Identical in every way.

    >does example.dll = example.txt ?

    If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise, no.

    >does \windows\example.dll = \windows32\example.dll ?

    If the contents are the same, yes. Otherwise no.

    >Maybe they are the same, maybe they aren't.

    No kidding?

    >You won't know unless you take a look at the source code and compare
    >byte to byte.

    Source code???

    >If you base your deletion simply on the names, you could cause serious
    >damage.

    Wow...

    >you downloaded 30 files and each are named setup.exe. Yet none are the
    >same file. An automated deletion system would kill these files and you
    >need them.

    I have yet to see a "Automated" duplicate file deletion application.
    They all prompt you a NUMBER of times before deleting anything.

    >If it was installed by the OS, do not delete the files regardless.

    Wow.. Just plain... wow.

    Evan Platt, Mar 12, 2009
  11. cicero

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:09:15 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Ok fine. You two jackasses go ahead and delete all those duplicate
    >files supplied by the OS. Don't come back here whining and bitching
    >about how screwed up things are now.

    Notice neither of us jackasses said that was a suggestion?

    Don't put words in my mouth.

    Evan Platt, Mar 12, 2009
  12. cicero

    thanatoid Guest

    "cicero" <> wrote in

    > Hi Folks,
    > Does anyone know of a reliable duplicate
    > file remover. Ta

    The best one I have tried, even though it has a rather old-
    fashioned interface, is Unique Filer. Works on images and all
    other files as well, content or names. Very good.

    A good file manager (like Total Commander) is also capable of
    finding duplicates but is a little less useful since just a
    different date makes it a "different" file.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)

    thanatoid, Mar 12, 2009