    In my XP computer there's a file within XP to duo boot into XP or the recovery
    partition. I know that can be set up to work with SCSI. Does Win98 have
    something like this?

    Matthew Superstar Swass, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Matthew Superstar Swass

    bmoag Guest

    If you are running SCSI and IDE hard drives on the same computer they run
    through different controllers and only one can be set to be the boot device,
    whether the SCSI card is an added on PCI card or part of the motherboard.
    When you want to boot to either the IDE or the SCSI you can change the BIOS
    settings to boot to either the IDE or SCSI hard drive. If you have system
    commander it would be alot easier to set up separate partitions on either
    the IDE or SCSI and allow system commander to control the boot up process.
    If you do not understand how a boot selector program like system commander
    works do not attempt this or you will lose all the data on all your
    partitions.

    bmoag, Oct 1, 2004