    popup menu.

    Thanks,

    Barb
    Barbara Harris, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Barbara Harris

    Thoronwen Guest

    [This followup was posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <o4wZf.13414$>, beeh2003
    @yahoo.com says...
    > how do I hide the username in the dialupnetworking popup menu?
    > in other words, I would like the username to either be hidden, or to have
    > some way of connecting without showing the DUN
    > popup menu.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Barb

    Barb,

    The operating system really does matter. These instructions are for
    Windows XP.

    First, get into Internet Options which can be reached through the Control
    Panel or through Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options.

    1. Click the Connections tab
    2. Highlight the connection you wish to edit
    3. Click the Settings button
    4. Click the Properties button
    5. Click the Options tab
    6. Remove the check mark at "Prompt for name ..."
    7. Click OK three times

    As an alternative, at step 6 you can remove all the check marks so you
    don't see the DUN window at all.

    Post back to the newsgroup if you have any questions.

    Thoronwen, Apr 12, 2006