Dump Your AOL CD's

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Treb, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. Treb

    Treb Guest

    Treb, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Treb

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:32:38 GMT, "Treb" <>
    wrote:

    >Hahahahahaha................
    >
    >Check this out.
    >
    >http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/
    >
    >It is a site dedicated to getting rid of AOL stuff.

    If you need the last Microsoft Java Virtual Machine it's on the AOL CD
    currently being given away in the U.S.

    Of course, fewer and fewer websites are being built which won't work
    just as well with the Sun JVM and the Microsoft JVM is now pretty well
    unsupported.

    (I wonder if the MJVM's presence on AOL disks isn't an infringement of
    the lawsuit agreement between Sun and Microsoft. The newest Microsoft
    JVM is only supposed to be available as a security upgrade to people
    who have an older version.)

    Joel Rubin, Nov 13, 2004

  3. In article <> Joel Rubin <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:32:38 GMT, "Treb" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hahahahahaha................
    >>
    >>Check this out.
    >>
    >>http://www.nomoreaolcds.com/
    >>
    >>It is a site dedicated to getting rid of AOL stuff.
    >>

    >If you need the last Microsoft Java Virtual Machine it's on the AOL CD
    >currently being given away in the U.S.
    >
    >Of course, fewer and fewer websites are being built which won't work
    >just as well with the Sun JVM and the Microsoft JVM is now pretty well
    >unsupported.

    A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste
    of wisdom.

    >(I wonder if the MJVM's presence on AOL disks isn't an infringement of
    >the lawsuit agreement between Sun and Microsoft. The newest Microsoft
    >JVM is only supposed to be available as a security upgrade to people
    >who have an older version.)

    Banking is based mostly around the community structure. There are no
    multinational banking or computerized economic systems. There are
    also no income taxes.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "d00d, flaming by 'bots doesn't count. You need to know they're
    'bots." -- Jommy Cross

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Treb

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Lady Chatterly, <> wrote:

    > A spoon does not know the taste of soup, nor a learned fool the taste
    > of wisdom.

    Why are you trying to abandon the discussion?

    > Banking is based mostly around the community structure.

    Can you give a better estimate than that?

    --
    Solve the food crisis and the homeless pet problem.
    Eat a dog today!

    Aquila Deus, Nov 13, 2004