    any help gladly accepted
    cheers
    Andy

    roscopeecoaltrain, Sep 24, 2006

  2. is that the error message or the STOP 00000 - -00000 etc. No
    or both

    roscopeecoaltrain, Sep 24, 2006

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 24, 2006
  4. OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

    then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll file
    I want to sort id say - Is It??

    roscopeecoaltrain, Sep 24, 2006
  5. roscopeecoaltrain

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll
    >
    > then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll
    > file I want to sort id say - Is It??

    ati2dvag.dll is part of your graphics card drivers. The first thing to do
    would be to check for updates on the ATI website.

    Rich Wilson, Sep 24, 2006
  6. roscopeecoaltrain

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
    <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

    As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
    are -

    MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,

    i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.

    You mentioned the DLL file that's also important, often it's not given
    :)

    >then a bit about Add BF9 etc. then base at BF9D4 etc., but its the dll file
    >I want to sort id say - Is It??
    >"roscopeecoaltrain" <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> is that the error message or the STOP 00000 - -00000 etc. No
    >> or both
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 25, 2006
  7. roscopeecoaltrain

    Ron Martell Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
    ><andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >
    >>OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

    >As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
    >are -
    >
    >MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,
    >
    >i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.

    Actually with a STOP error you need the STOP code, all 4 of the
    parameters that follow the code, plus any file or module names
    mentioned.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."

    Ron Martell, Sep 26, 2006
  8. roscopeecoaltrain

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:41:53 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:14:29 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
    >><andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>OK I got a load of numbers (OxOOo and so on. then - at i2dvag.dll

    >>As mentioned in previous posts in 24HSHD, for a BSOD the important bits
    >>are -
    >>
    >>MESSAGE 0x00000000 (0x00000000,
    >>
    >>i.e. the STOP , and the 1st and 2nd numbers.
    >>

    >Actually with a STOP error you need the STOP code, all 4 of the
    >parameters that follow the code, plus any file or module names
    >mentioned.

    Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
    for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters. :)

    why?, Sep 27, 2006
  9. roscopeecoaltrain

    Ron Martell Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
    >for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters. :)

    It depends on the specific STOP code. Each STOP code has different
    definitions for the parameters.

    For example, for a STOP 0x00000050 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) which
    is a fairly common one the 4 parameters are defined as:
    1 Memory address referenced
    2 0: Read operation
    1: Write operation
    3 Address that referenced memory (if known)
    4 Reserved

    which makes #3 the most important for diagnosis and tracing.

    On the other hand the definitions for STOP 0x0000000A
    (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) which is also quite common are:
    1 Memory referenced
    2 IRQL at time of reference
    3 0: Read
    1: Write
    4 Address which referenced memory

    which would make #4 the most important value.

    Hope this explains the situation.

    Ron Martell, Sep 27, 2006
  10. roscopeecoaltrain

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:08:18 GMT, Ron Martell wrote:

    >why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >

    >>Never found any matches after the first 2 numbers, if sending it to MS
    >>for a free analysis then all of the stuff matters. :)
    >>

    >It depends on the specific STOP code. Each STOP code has different
    >definitions for the parameters.
    >
    >For example, for a STOP 0x00000050 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA) which
    >is a fairly common one the 4 parameters are defined as:
    >1 Memory address referenced

    <snip>

    >which would make #4 the most important value.

    <big grin>

    >Hope this explains the situation.

    Thanks a lot.

    Me

    why?, Sep 28, 2006
  11. I wondered how its just started to happen - Can I run a check to sort it

    also
    my monitor is flickering from white to on off white gray

    do virus check etc. checked other things my limited knowledge allows

    all say "this ***** is running normally"

    Running a check from MS would be ideal - anything on there site to run a
    through check on one's PC
    (this would be to easy)

    cheers
    Andy

    roscopeecoaltrain, Sep 28, 2006
  12. roscopeecoaltrain

    Ron Martell Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >>1 Memory address referenced

    ><snip>
    >
    >>which would make #4 the most important value.

    Exactly. #4 is the address which referenced memory. That is the
    source of the error, the cause of the problem, the actual genuine
    culprit.

    Ron Martell, Sep 28, 2006
  13. STOP 0X0000008E (0xc0000005 0xBF9D8D1D 6XA2952FD0 0X0000000)
    at i2dvag.dll add BF9D8D1D
    BASE AT BF9D4000
    DATE STAMP 3E602B67

    Dose this mean absolutely anything to anyone?
    How Do I Sort It?
    there are about 5 of them i2dvag.dll files on my comp when search in
    various files

    roscopeecoaltrain, Sep 28, 2006
  14. roscopeecoaltrain

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > STOP 0X0000008E (0xc0000005 0xBF9D8D1D 6XA2952FD0 0X0000000)
    > at i2dvag.dll add BF9D8D1D
    > BASE AT BF9D4000
    > DATE STAMP 3E602B67
    >
    > Dose this mean absolutely anything to anyone?
    > How Do I Sort It?
    > there are about 5 of them i2dvag.dll files on my comp when search in
    > various files

    As I said before the file's actually called ati2dvag.dll and it's part of
    your graphics card driver.

    Rich Wilson, Sep 28, 2006
  15. roscopeecoaltrain

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:21:30 GMT, "roscopeecoaltrain"
    <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >STOP 0X0000008E (0xc0000005 0xBF9D8D1D 6XA2952FD0 0X0000000)
    >at i2dvag.dll add BF9D8D1D
    >BASE AT BF9D4000
    >DATE STAMP 3E602B67
    >
    >Dose this mean absolutely anything to anyone?

    To MS support, they often don't give out free help :) the ati bit ,
    well ATI support.

    A couple of often mentioned sites,

    TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    from the index on that page
    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x8e

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    and
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/stop_error_messages.htm

    www.google.com for the 1st bit of your message
    http://www.google.com/search?q=STOP 0X0000008E (0xc0000005

    not forgetting

    • How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in Windows
    XP
    (292460) - Note : In Safe mode, you may notice an option to stop the
    VgaSave service if you follow these steps: Open the Display
    properties.Click Settings .Click Advanced .Click Adapter .Click
    Properties .Click Driver . ... The VgaSave service should not be stopped
    while the ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292460/en-us

    >How Do I Sort It?
    >there are about 5 of them i2dvag.dll files on my comp when search in
    >various files

    You didn't u/g the video driver then get the fault?

    Normally I would use the safe mode / VGA boot mode (NT4) just to see if
    it statrs again. At this point if it does, backup important data.

    I would also take the chance to downgrade the video driver or maybe even
    reinstall current version. Works as I install Windows twice just so the
    clean 2nd install always let me boot and access the disk :)

    why?, Sep 28, 2006
  16. roscopeecoaltrain

    Ron Martell Guest

    "roscopeecoaltrain" <andyran@[remove]ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >STOP 0X0000008E (0xc0000005 0xBF9D8D1D 6XA2952FD0 0X0000000)
    >at i2dvag.dll add BF9D8D1D
    >BASE AT BF9D4000
    >DATE STAMP 3E602B67
    >
    >Dose this mean absolutely anything to anyone?
    >How Do I Sort It?
    >there are about 5 of them i2dvag.dll files on my comp when search in
    >various files

    Go to http://www.ati.com and download the latest drivers for your
    exact model of ATI video card. If you don't know the model there
    are several ways of identifying it:

    1. Check the documentation that came with your computer.

    2. Open Control Panel - Display and go to the Settings tab. Under
    the Display: heading it will tell you <monitor name> on <video card
    name>.

    3. Contact the technical support dept for the manufacturer of your
    computer. Make sure you have the model and serial number of your
    computer available.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell, Sep 29, 2006