    are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    generalised keys that might help?

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!
    Squirrel, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Squirrel wrote:
    > Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    > are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    > generalised keys that might help?

    Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control on the
    side of the screen or case that may be your problem

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Nov 26, 2005

  3. Squirrel

    XPD Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    > are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    > generalised keys that might help?
    >

    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    Some laptops have the volume options as function keys... see if any of your
    keys have little speakers on them to use via the Fn key (if it has one)
    XPD, Nov 26, 2005
  4. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Squirrel wrote:
    >> Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >> are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >> generalised keys that might help?

    > Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control
    > on the side of the screen or case that may be your problem

    On the latest Toshiba Satellites its on the front edge adjacent to the
    right touch pad button
    shannon, Nov 26, 2005
  5. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:04:11 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> wrote:

    >Squirrel wrote:
    >> Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >> are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >> generalised keys that might help?

    >Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control on the
    >side of the screen or case that may be your problem

    very new and now wheel :(

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!
    Squirrel, Nov 26, 2005
  6. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:42:12 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Squirrel wrote:
    >>> Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >>> are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >>> generalised keys that might help?

    >> Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control
    >> on the side of the screen or case that may be your problem
    >>

    >On the latest Toshiba Satellites its on the front edge adjacent to the
    >right touch pad button

    I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    now I can watch garfield :)

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!
    Squirrel, Nov 26, 2005
  7. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:37:51 +1300, "XPD" <>
    wrote:

    >"Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >> Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >> are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >> generalised keys that might help?
    >>

    >> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >Some laptops have the volume options as function keys... see if any of your
    >keys have little speakers on them to use via the Fn key (if it has one)

    tried that, but it seems shannon got the prize :)

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!
    Squirrel, Nov 26, 2005
  8. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:37:51 +1300, "XPD" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >>> Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >>> are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >>> generalised keys that might help?
    >>>

    >>> Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >> Some laptops have the volume options as function keys... see if any of your
    >> keys have little speakers on them to use via the Fn key (if it has one)
    >>

    > tried that, but it seems shannon got the prize :)
    >

    > Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    I'd like to thank the Tosh laptop in front of me.
    BTW you will find the switch for the wifi right next to it.
    shannon, Nov 26, 2005
  9. Squirrel wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:42:12 +1300, shannon <> wrote:
    >

    >>Collector»NZ wrote:

    >>>Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control
    >>>on the side of the screen or case that may be your problem
    >>>

    >>On the latest Toshiba Satellites its on the front edge adjacent to the
    >>right touch pad button

    > I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    > now I can watch garfield :)

    That has been a gotcha for so many Tosh users it is not even funny anymore.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Nov 26, 2005
  10. Squirrel wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:37:51 +1300, "XPD" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    >>>are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    >>>generalised keys that might help?
    >>>

    >>>Oedipus! Phone your mother!!

    >>Some laptops have the volume options as function keys... see if any of your
    >>keys have little speakers on them to use via the Fn key (if it has one)
    >>

    > tried that, but it seems shannon got the prize :)

    I think I should appeal that decission Ref, the prize is mine I say :cool:

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Nov 26, 2005
  11. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Squirrel wrote:
    >> On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:37:51 +1300, "XPD" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Squirrel" <> wrote in message

    >>> Some laptops have the volume options as function keys... see if any
    >>> of your
    >>> keys have little speakers on them to use via the Fn key (if it has one)
    >>>

    >> tried that, but it seems shannon got the prize :)
    >>

    > I think I should appeal that decission Ref, the prize is mine I say :cool:

    The tribe has spoken
    shannon, Nov 26, 2005
  12. Squirrel

    Rider Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:42:12 +1300, shannon <> wrote:
    >
    >>Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume control
    >>> on the side of the screen or case that may be your problem
    >>>

    >>On the latest Toshiba Satellites its on the front edge adjacent to the
    >>right touch pad button

    > I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    > now I can watch garfield :)

    You should have said "I tried that, and its still not working. I'll get it
    seen to under warranty" while being happy its working and not letting people
    know you've missed it.

    LoL

    But, I think we've all done it at some stage.

    Rider
    Rider, Nov 26, 2005
  13. Squirrel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Squirrel wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:42:12 +1300, shannon <> wrote:
    >
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Okay depending on its age look for a thumb wheel manual volume
    >>> control on the side of the screen or case that may be your problem
    >>>

    >> On the latest Toshiba Satellites its on the front edge adjacent to
    >> the right touch pad button

    > I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    > now I can watch garfield :)

    LOL, you're right Squirrel, that has to be a contender for the dumbest
    question of the year.

    Essentially:

    Q: How can I make the sound louder?

    A: Turn the volume control up.

    LOL, glad you got it sorted. I wonder if this is a sign that watching
    Garfield can have a detrimental effect on your cognitive functions?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 26, 2005
  14. Squirrel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    shannon wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> I think I should appeal that decission Ref, the prize is mine I say
    >> :cool:

    > The tribe has spoken

    Arghhh!!! What is the world coming to when that expression is entering
    common usage? Time to find a clocktower and suitable arsenal methinks.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Nov 27, 2005
  15. Squirrel

    shannon Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > shannon wrote:
    >> Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>> I think I should appeal that decission Ref, the prize is mine I say
    >>> :cool:

    >> The tribe has spoken

    > Arghhh!!! What is the world coming to when that expression is entering
    > common usage? Time to find a clocktower and suitable arsenal methinks.

    :)
    shannon, Nov 27, 2005
  16. Squirrel

    BTMO Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote

    >> I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    >> now I can watch garfield :)

    > LOL, you're right Squirrel, that has to be a contender for the dumbest
    > question of the year.
    >
    > Essentially:
    >
    > Q: How can I make the sound louder?
    >
    > A: Turn the volume control up.
    >
    > LOL, glad you got it sorted. I wonder if this is a sign that watching
    > Garfield can have a detrimental effect on your cognitive functions?

    I think we have the answer to that one...

    ;-)
    BTMO, Nov 27, 2005
  17. Squirrel

    BTMO Guest

    "Squirrel" <> wrote

    > Cant get the volume up on my laptop (Toshiba) all the software volumes
    > are up to max, i thought I had pushed every key on the board, any
    > generalised keys that might help?

    Throw the laptop to the floor repeatedly. The harder the better.

    That will work.

    Don't worry about any strange noises you hear while doing so - they are
    merely internal rearrangements to the operating system, while it
    reconfigures itself to comply with your request...
    BTMO, Nov 27, 2005
  18. Squirrel

    Squirrel Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:08:36 +1300, shannon <> wrote:

    >Collector»NZ wrote:
    >> Squirrel wrote:

    >>> tried that, but it seems shannon got the prize :)
    >>>

    >> I think I should appeal that decission Ref, the prize is mine I say :cool:
    >>

    >The tribe has spoken

    tribe/tribades was it luck or design lol

    Oedipus! Phone your mother!!
    Squirrel, Nov 27, 2005
  19. BTMO wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote
    >

    >>>I love you!!!!! I am so sure I checked there a million times!!! thanx
    >>>now I can watch garfield :)

    >>LOL, you're right Squirrel, that has to be a contender for the dumbest
    >>question of the year.
    >>
    >>Essentially:
    >>
    >>Q: How can I make the sound louder?
    >>
    >>A: Turn the volume control up.
    >>
    >>LOL, glad you got it sorted. I wonder if this is a sign that watching
    >>Garfield can have a detrimental effect on your cognitive functions?

    > I think we have the answer to that one...
    >
    > ;-)

    Maybe but they tend to get very angry when you spray 50 BMG around the place
    indescriminately, in fact full stop :cool:

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Collector»NZ, Nov 27, 2005
  20. Squirrel

    BTMO Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote

    >>>LOL, glad you got it sorted. I wonder if this is a sign that watching
    >>>Garfield can have a detrimental effect on your cognitive functions?

    >> I think we have the answer to that one...
    >>
    >> ;-)

    > Maybe but they tend to get very angry when you spray 50 BMG around the
    > place indescriminately, in fact full stop :cool:

    Ummmm... yes....

    <backs away slowly, not making eye contact>
    BTMO, Nov 27, 2005