    Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
    emailing.

    Thanks in advance... Bill

    BillyBoy, Oct 15, 2003

  2. BillyBoy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BillyBoy said:

    > My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them on her
    > Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and monitor).
    > I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and they
    > are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
    >
    > However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would be
    > far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions here..
    > Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
    > emailing.
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Bill

    Resize

    Brian H¹©, Oct 15, 2003

  3. BillyBoy

    BillyBoy Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    Resize

    Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you suggesting a
    command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there is such a command in
    98 if that is what you are suggesting.

    Tnx, Bill

    BillyBoy, Oct 15, 2003
  4. BillyBoy

    Me Guest

    Use the Resize command of Microsoft Photo Editor (part of win98)

    Me, Oct 15, 2003
  5. BillyBoy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BillyBoy said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Resize
    >
    > Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you suggesting a
    > command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there is such a command in
    > 98 if that is what you are suggesting.
    >
    > Tnx, Bill

    Any image sofware no matter how simple or intricate will have this simplest of
    functions.
    You may like to get her to download IrfanView, along with the plug-ins.
    links on my software page.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Oct 15, 2003
  6. BillyBoy

    °Mike° Guest

    IrfanView (free)
    http://www.irfanview.com/

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:46:20 -0700, in
    <>
    BillyBoy scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 15, 2003
  7. BillyBoy

    BillyBoy Guest

    Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in the glossery...
    I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.

    Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it resize to screen
    or for actual printing.?

    Thanks again.

    Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be too difficult
    for her. She is in her 80's and needs something pretty easy.

    Bill

    BillyBoy, Oct 15, 2003
  8. BillyBoy

    °Mike° Guest

    What could be easier than CTRL+R (or Image/Resize) and
    check a standard dimension? That's how easy it is in
    IrfanView - and it's free.

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:31:03 -0700, in
    <>
    BillyBoy scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be
    >too difficult for her. She is in her 80's and needs something
    >pretty easy.
    >
    >Bill

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 15, 2003
  9. BillyBoy

    Boomer Guest

    BillyBoy wrote:

    > Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in the
    > glossery... I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
    >
    > Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
    > resize to screen or for actual printing.?
    >
    > Thanks again.
    >
    > Oh yes, to those who have suggested IrfanView.. That may be too
    > difficult for her. She is in her 80's and needs something
    > pretty easy.
    >
    > Bill

    Maybe this one if you think Irfanview would be too difficult.
    Picture Tray
    http://www.picturetray.com/

    Boomer, Oct 15, 2003
  10. "BillyBoy" <> wrote in message
    > My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them

    on her
    > Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and

    monitor).
    > I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the cameras and

    they
    > are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
    >
    > However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would

    be
    > far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions

    here..
    > Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up for
    > emailing.
    >
    > Thanks in advance... Bill

    If the photos she is being e-mailed are JPG/JPEG the try "easy jpeg
    printer" from
    http://www.jgraff.addr.com/printpix.htm its free !!

    Steven Pilbeam, Oct 15, 2003
  11. BillyBoy

    BillyBoy Guest

    Thanks to all.. these last few suggestions are probably what I'm looking
    for. I don't have 98 as of a few days ago and can no longer check some
    things like the MS Photo Editor suggested..

    I appreciate all the feedback... I'll try out the suggestions..

    Bill

    BillyBoy, Oct 15, 2003
  12. BillyBoy

    Me Guest

    Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a coloured square
    icon tipped onto its corner.

    Me, Oct 15, 2003
  13. BillyBoy

    Boomer Guest

    Me wrote:

    > Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
    > coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

    Mine doesn't.

    > BillyBoy wrote:
    >>

    >> Thanks Me.. I have a copy of Win98 for Dummies and looked in
    >> the glosse

    > ry...
    >> I don't see anything about PE as part of 98.
    >>

    >> Can you tell me where to find it in 98? If there.. does it
    >> resize to s

    > creen
    >> or for actual printing.?
    >>

    >> Thanks again.

    [snip]

    Boomer, Oct 15, 2003
  14. BillyBoy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Boomer said:

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >> Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
    >> coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

    > Mine doesn't.

    Load it from your setup disc ?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 15, 2003
  15. BillyBoy

    Me Guest

    Hmmmm. I just checked the file date on it (07/11/97). Looks like it came
    with Microsoft Office. Sorry for the goose chase.

    Me, Oct 15, 2003
  16. BillyBoy

    Boomer Guest

    Me wrote:

    > Hmmmm. I just checked the file date on it (07/11/97). Looks like
    > it came with Microsoft Office. Sorry for the goose chase.
    >
    > Boomer wrote:
    >>
    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >> > Start | Programs | Microsoft Photo Editor (should have a
    >> > coloured square icon tipped onto its corner.

    >> Mine doesn't.

    Thanks for checking. :)

    Boomer, Oct 15, 2003
  17. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:,
    BillyBoy <> typed
    || My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print
    || them on her Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the
    || paper (and monitor). I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come
    || with the cameras and they are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones
    || I've seen).
    || However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee
    || would be far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few
    || suggestions here.. Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe
    || crop.. and set up for emailing.
    || Thanks in advance... Bill

    Try Paintshop Pro

    www.jasc.com

    Robert de Brus, Oct 15, 2003
  18. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:,
    BillyBoy <> typed
    || "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    || Resize
    || Thanks Brian.. Is this a program one can download.. or are you
    || suggesting a command. She is using orig W98. I don't know if there
    || is such a command in 98 if that is what you are suggesting.
    || Tnx, Bill

    Don't worry about brian, he's full of useless mumblings like that. Most
    simply ignore his comments, when they're not laughing at them.

    Robert de Brus, Oct 15, 2003
  19. > My M-I-L received a few emails from our sons and wanted to print them on
    > her Deskjet. The photos were too large and overspread the paper (and
    > monitor). I'm aware of the propriatary programs that come with the
    > cameras and they are pretty dumbed down (at least the ones I've seen).
    >
    > However, Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, and I believe even ACDSee would
    > be far to advanced for her. Hopefully, there are a few suggestions
    > here.. Needs initially would be to modify size.. maybe crop.. and set up
    > for emailing.

    Try IrfanView
    http://www.irfanview.com

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 15, 2003
  20. Howdy!

    "Me" <> wrote in message
    Use the Resize command of Microsoft Photo Editor (part of win98)

    Uhhh .... You're confusing Office 97 /Office 2K with Windows 98.

    It is NOT part of Win98, BTW ... but comes with Office 97/2K.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 16, 2003