Dumbass

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pinchee, Aug 12, 2006.

  1. pinchee

    pinchee Guest

    Win XP Pro SP2

    Someway, only the shadow knows, I completely screwed up my pc.

    I have two HD's and I purchased a use one. The used one I attached to
    the leads to one installed HD's, used Wester Digitals HD utility to format
    the purchased used HD.

    One of the original HD's was left connected and I then reconnected the
    original cable and power back to the second HD installed in the PC.

    When I rebooted both HD's (the original ones) window arises that I need
    to insert a system disk in A drive I did and found nothing on either of the
    installed HD's.

    Fooled around all day trying to get my HD's back, finally gave up formated
    one of the drives and re-installed XP Pro SP2.

    Either one of the HD's will not boot but will when I connect both to the
    system. I must have both HD's cabled and powered for the one HD that
    I installed the XP OS on to boot the PC.

    Other than my dumb action(s) what did I do wrong, how can I fix it?
    The second HD that supposedly has nothing on it has both my 'Ghost"
    and MS Backup copies of the original boot drive. I nedd to access it
    somehow to get 9 G's of my work back. Please help!
    pinchee, Aug 12, 2006

  2. pinchee

    ProfGene Guest

    pinchee wrote:
    > Win XP Pro SP2
    >
    > Someway, only the shadow knows, I completely screwed up my pc.
    >
    > I have two HD's and I purchased a use one. The used one I attached to
    > the leads to one installed HD's, used Wester Digitals HD utility to format
    > the purchased used HD.
    >
    > One of the original HD's was left connected and I then reconnected the
    > original cable and power back to the second HD installed in the PC.
    >
    > When I rebooted both HD's (the original ones) window arises that I need
    > to insert a system disk in A drive I did and found nothing on either of the
    > installed HD's.
    >
    > Fooled around all day trying to get my HD's back, finally gave up formated
    > one of the drives and re-installed XP Pro SP2.
    >
    > Either one of the HD's will not boot but will when I connect both to the
    > system. I must have both HD's cabled and powered for the one HD that
    > I installed the XP OS on to boot the PC.
    >
    > Other than my dumb action(s) what did I do wrong, how can I fix it?
    > The second HD that supposedly has nothing on it has both my 'Ghost"
    > and MS Backup copies of the original boot drive. I nedd to access it
    > somehow to get 9 G's of my work back. Please help!

    have you tried using the boot menu in bios to boot to whichever one you
    want to access?
    ProfGene, Aug 13, 2006