    changing combinations in Tools/Option, to no avail.
    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007

  2. "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm a regular user of Maxthon, but occasionally certain sites won't open
    > in Max so I use IE7. for the life of me, I can't get IE7 to string out
    > tabs as Max does. That is, each time I open a link, I don't get a new tab
    > with the opened site, I retain the single tab with the new site opened in
    > it, which forces me to use Back to get to the original site. How do I get
    > multiple tabs to open? BTW, I did try to figure it out by changing
    > combinations in Tools/Option, to no avail.
    > --
    > To email, erase "forgetit"

    When a particular page is open in IE7, you should see a little tab to the
    right of the tab with the address of the page you have opened. Click on the
    little tab and a new tabbed page should open.

    Atlas Shrugged, Sep 11, 2007

  3. "Atlas Shrugged" <> wrote in message

    > "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm a regular user of Maxthon, but occasionally certain sites won't open
    >> in Max so I use IE7. for the life of me, I can't get IE7 to string out
    >> tabs as Max does. That is, each time I open a link, I don't get a new
    >> tab with the opened site, I retain the single tab with the new site
    >> opened in it, which forces me to use Back to get to the original site.
    >> How do I get multiple tabs to open? BTW, I did try to figure it out by
    >> changing combinations in Tools/Option, to no avail.
    >> --
    >> To email, erase "forgetit"

    > When a particular page is open in IE7, you should see a little tab to the
    > right of the tab with the address of the page you have opened. Click on
    > the little tab and a new tabbed page should open.

    If you don't see the tab, go to Tools, Option, Tabs Settings, Enable Tab
    Browsing

    Atlas Shrugged, Sep 11, 2007
  4. Flycaster wrote:
    > I'm a regular user of Maxthon, but occasionally certain sites won't open

    Just a shell for IE, right? The one that thought it could name itself
    "MyIE" and get away with it? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 11, 2007
  5. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Correcto! Maxthon doe use IE's engine and used to be called MyIE. A
    great application with its onlky problem being that it has some of the
    same vulnerabilities as IF, but is far, far superior.
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  6. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    I do know that tab does allow for the opening of new tabs, and I do have
    Enable tabbed browsing checked. However, I ahve seen on another
    computer that new tabs open as new links are selected...without having
    to click anything else. That is, new tabs open automatically. I'd like
    to be able to do the same.
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  7. Flycaster

    Gordon Guest

    "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    >I do know that tab does allow for the opening of new tabs, and I do have
    >Enable tabbed browsing checked. However, I ahve seen on another computer
    >that new tabs open as new links are selected...without having to click
    >anything else. That is, new tabs open automatically. I'd like to be able
    >to do the same.
    > To email, erase "forgetit"

    Are these links in an external program (which can be set) or links within an
    IE page (which cannot - you need to right-click - open in new tab)

    Gordon, Sep 11, 2007
  8. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Gordon wrote:
    > "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    >> I do know that tab does allow for the opening of new tabs, and I do have
    >> Enable tabbed browsing checked. However, I have seen on another computer
    >> that new tabs open as new links are selected...without having to click
    >> anything else. That is, new tabs open automatically. I'd like to be able
    >> to do the same.
    >> To email, erase "forgetit"
    >>

    > Are these links in an external program (which can be set) or links within an
    > IE page (which cannot - you need to right-click - open in new tab)

    They are links within an IE page. The problem is that I know that I can
    right-click to open a new page/tab, but that's the problem...I want the
    new pages/new tabs to open automatically without my having to do
    anything other than click on the link. This is the way that Maxthon
    works and I've seen it work that way with IE7, but just can't get it to
    happen.

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  9. Flycaster

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  10. Flycaster

    Gordon Guest

    "Flycaster" <> wrote in message

    > To email, erase "forgetit"
    >
    > Gordon wrote:
    >> "Flycaster" <> wrote in message
    >>> I do know that tab does allow for the opening of new tabs, and I do have
    >>> Enable tabbed browsing checked. However, I have seen on another
    >>> computer that new tabs open as new links are selected...without having
    >>> to click anything else. That is, new tabs open automatically. I'd like
    >>> to be able to do the same.
    >>> To email, erase "forgetit"
    >>>

    >> Are these links in an external program (which can be set) or links within
    >> an IE page (which cannot - you need to right-click - open in new tab)

    > They are links within an IE page. The problem is that I know that I can
    > right-click to open a new page/tab, but that's the problem...I want the
    > new pages/new tabs to open automatically without my having to do anything
    > other than click on the link. This is the way that Maxthon works and I've
    > seen it work that way with IE7, but just can't get it to happen.

    well I've never seen that with IE......I've always had to right-click on a
    link within an IE page...Firefox does that....

    Gordon, Sep 11, 2007
  11. Gordon wrote:

    > well I've never seen that with IE......I've always had to right-click
    > on a link within an IE page...Firefox does that....

    For those unfamiliar with Firefox options:
    Tools > Options > the Tab tab
    New pages should be opened in:
    ( ) a new window
    (·) a new tab
    ( ) current tab

    Choose the middle one if you always want new links to open a new tab.
    Personally, I prefer to surf a site in one tab, unless there is some
    particular link that looks like a good candidate for a new tab. Then, I
    right-click the link and choose New Tab.

    The "Tab Mix Plus" extension adds even more functionality.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 11, 2007
  12. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    So, Beau, what you are telling me is that since there is not IE7 option
    to "open in a new tab," new tabs won't open automatically.
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  13. Flycaster

    Gordon Guest

    Flycaster wrote:
    > So, Beau, what you are telling me is that since there is not IE7 option
    > to "open in a new tab," new tabs won't open automatically.

    That's correct.

    Gordon, Sep 11, 2007
  14. Flycaster wrote:

    > So, Beau, what you are telling me is that since there is not IE7
    > option to "open in a new tab," new tabs won't open automatically.

    I dunno. I was replying to Gordon. Windows won't allow me to put IE7 on
    my version of the OS - Win2K. [1]

    But perhaps the realization that such things are possible might cause
    you to consider a better browser! ;-)

    [1. I keep a Windows box because I do work with MS Visual FoxPro.]

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 11, 2007
  15. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  16. Flycaster wrote:
    > Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    Your browser is Inernet Explorer.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 11, 2007
  17. Flycaster

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 16:21:34 -0400, Flycaster
    <> wrote:

    >Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    Define better.

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

    I've used Firefox, Opera, and Maxthon. Depends on your view of better.

    Evan Platt, Sep 11, 2007
  18. Flycaster wrote:

    > Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    But .. but .. that is just a shell over IE. Same security risks.

    You're already using Thunderbird; why not use its companion browser?

    Would you mind pressing your down arrow before beginning your reply?
    Thanks for your consideration.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 11, 2007
  19. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    To email, erase "forgetit"

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Flycaster wrote:
    >
    >> Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    > But .. but .. that is just a shell over IE. Same security risks.
    >
    > You're already using Thunderbird; why not use its companion browser?
    >
    > Would you mind pressing your down arrow before beginning your reply?
    > Thanks for your consideration.

    Agreed that Max still has the same security risks as IE. And I do wish
    that it didn't, but I do appreciate its functionality over IE's. As for
    using Firefox, I think I once tried it a while ago, but still preferred Max.

    Flycaster, Sep 11, 2007
  20. Flycaster wrote:

    > To email, erase "forgetit"

    You could move the above to a sig file, preceded by the usual two dashes
    and a space, as in mine below. Look up "Attach this signature".

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Flycaster wrote:
    >>> Already have a better browser in Maxthon

    >> But .. but .. that is just a shell over IE. Same security risks.
    >>
    >> You're already using Thunderbird; why not use its companion browser?
    >>

    >> Would you mind pressing your down arrow before beginning your reply?
    >> Thanks for your consideration.
    >>

    > Agreed that Max still has the same security risks as IE.

    Ok, glad you understand the risk.

    > And I do wish that it didn't, but I do appreciate its functionality
    > over IE's. As for using Firefox, I think I once tried it a while ago,
    > but still preferred Max.

    Your choice, of course.

    --
    -bts