Dumb Questions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. Hello All,

    I know this sounds like a lot of dumb questions, but I have been reading
    some of the posts and have to ask a few questions:

    1. Why does it seem that somebody who has years of practical experience and
    who studies quite a bit for the exams does not score very high (above
    passing) on exams while somebody who studies just a few days can make a high
    score?

    1a. Is it because of overthinking the questions? That seems to happen to me.

    2. What are some things that have helped you to score well, other than
    studying and knowing the subject?

    2a. What are the best books to use - MS Press, Sybex, etc? I have been
    using MS Press so far.

    3. How long do you typically study for an exam - days, weeks, months, etc?

    4. Which exams related to MCSA & MCSE are the most difficult ones?

    I appreciate your responses. I just don't do well on exams of any type, I
    never have, even when I know the answer without having to think about it.
    The answer gets lost between my head and my hands, but on the job I can do it
    without any problems whatsoever. If there was only a way for MS to test
    real-world situations...

    Thanks!
    Russell
    =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?=, Apr 2, 2006