    connecting TO from another computer, or is the host the computer you
    are connecting FROM remotely?

    Thanks for any help.

    It's Personal, Jan 17, 2004

  2. It's Personal

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/pca/pca_11_tasks.html

    On 17 Jan 2004 10:33:49 -0800, in
    <>
    It's Personal scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 17, 2004

  3. It's Personal wrote:

    > For a regular install and use, you would normally want pcAnywhere 11
    > on both the computer you are connecting to and the computer you are
    > connecting from, right?
    >
    > And when they refer to a "host", is the host the computer you are
    > connecting TO from another computer, or is the host the computer you
    > are connecting FROM remotely?

    In a nutshell:
    The HOST is the system HOSTING the service
    The CLIENT is the computer REQUESTING the service
    (Sorry for the caps, just makes it easier to tell them apart)

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 18, 2004
  4. It's Personal

    David Guest

    °Mike° <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/pca/pca_11_tasks.html
    >

    > On 17 Jan 2004 10:33:49 -0800, in
    > <>
    > It's Personal scrawled:
    >
    > >For a regular install and use, you would normally want pcAnywhere 11
    > >on both the computer you are connecting to and the computer you are
    > >connecting from, right?
    > >
    > >And when they refer to a "host", is the host the computer you are
    > >connecting TO from another computer, or is the host the computer you
    > >are connecting FROM remotely?
    > >
    > >Thanks for any help.

    The Automated Support Assistant from Symantec shows up on my W98se box
    but won't show or work on my XP Box??

    David, Jan 18, 2004
  5. It's Personal

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 18, 2004
  6. BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > It's Personal wrote:
    >
    > > For a regular install and use, you would normally want pcAnywhere 11
    > > on both the computer you are connecting to and the computer you are
    > > connecting from, right?
    > >
    > > And when they refer to a "host", is the host the computer you are
    > > connecting TO from another computer, or is the host the computer you
    > > are connecting FROM remotely?

    > In a nutshell:
    > The HOST is the system HOSTING the service
    > The CLIENT is the computer REQUESTING the service
    > (Sorry for the caps, just makes it easier to tell them apart)
    >
    > --

    My setup of pcAnywhere 11 is to connect within my LAN. I have a wired
    LAN connected to a WLAN. They work fine to connect to the Internet and
    each other. I had pcAnywhere working so the wired box could remote
    control the wireless box but not the other way around, though I had
    remotes and hosts on both. Now I can't connect from either way.
    Suggestions?

    It's Personal, Jan 18, 2004
  7. It's Personal wrote:

    > My setup of pcAnywhere 11 is to connect within my LAN. I have a wired
    > LAN connected to a WLAN. They work fine to connect to the Internet and
    > each other. I had pcAnywhere working so the wired box could remote
    > control the wireless box but not the other way around, though I had
    > remotes and hosts on both. Now I can't connect from either way.
    > Suggestions?

    Uhm.. check if the Wireless and wired are bridged.?

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 19, 2004