    Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I want to re-arrange my desk to
    free up some space and I'm wondering if there is any reason why I can't put
    my modem and/or router on top of my CPU. Thanks.

    Remi, Mar 2, 2007

  2. "Remi" <> wrote in
    news:%AZFh.1206370$R63.914198@pd7urf1no:

    > Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I
    > want to re-arrange my desk to free up some space
    > and I'm wondering if there is any reason why
    > I can't put my modem and/or router on top of
    > my CPU. Thanks.

    Not "dumb" at all! In fact, it's so refreshingly
    simple and well articulated, that I'm a-scared it
    may well be a set-up for a punch-line... <shudder>

    No reason whatsoever you can't do that.

    The 2 considerations would be heat and potential
    for falling and/or getting knocked off. I've
    actually used cheap wooden rulers for spacers
    between my modem and router to increase the space
    thus the airflow between them.

    --

    Their dad always thought laughter was the best medicine,
    which I guess is why several of them died of tuberculosis.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Remi

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-02, Remi <> wrote:
    > Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but I want to re-arrange my desk to
    > free up some space and I'm wondering if there is any reason why I can't put
    > my modem and/or router on top of my CPU. Thanks.

    If by "CPU" you mean the large rectangular box with 'all the works' inside
    it, then there is no reason for not standing your "modem" and/or router on
    top of it - provided they all get enough ventilation not to overheat.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Remi