    possible, so we can still use it.

    Thanks for any help.
    Laura
    Laura FitzRoy-Perry, May 4, 2004

  2. Laura FitzRoy-Perry

    olfart Guest

    "Laura FitzRoy-Perry" <> wrote in message
    > We have an old IBM. When we bought it, you needed a product key #, to get
    > into the programs.
    >
    > We recently bought a new computer BUT now my daughters are moving out on
    > their own and I was wondering if anyone knew how to bypass this, if
    > possible, so we can still use it.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Laura

    You might try asking your daughters what the key is.
    olfart, May 4, 2004

  3. Didn't word that properly. I was hoping to use it or give it to them to use
    while they save to get a new one.

    The book with the number was tossed a while ago. Not one of us knows the
    number, or it would be up and running now.

    Laura FitzRoy-Perry, May 4, 2004
  4. Laura FitzRoy-Perry

    Michael-NC Guest

    What key are you looking for? The Windows 95 product key?

    Michael-NC, May 4, 2004
  5. I believe that is it! It was on one of the manuals you get upon puchase.

    Are they somehow (sorry fairly technoology challenged) ... specific to a pc?

    Laura FitzRoy-Perry, May 4, 2004
  6. and apparently spelling-challenged - sorry!

    Laura FitzRoy-Perry, May 4, 2004
  7. Laura FitzRoy-Perry

    Bobby Guest

    > I believe that is it! It was on one of the manuals you get upon puchase.
    >
    > Are they somehow (sorry fairly technoology challenged) ... specific to a

    pc?

    > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > > What key are you looking for? The Windows 95 product key?

    Google for a program called keyfinder.
    or you can search you registry for it.

    If the sys has already been formated
    then you are sol and need to buy a