    There are some spots, etc. that need to be removed.

    A soapy water solution?

    Thanks for the help.
    Jr., Jan 11, 2007

  2. Jr.

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:40:17 -0600, Jr. wrote:

    > I have an HP flat screen LCD monitor.
    >
    > What do you suggest to clean it?
    >
    > There are some spots, etc. that need to be removed.
    >
    > A soapy water solution?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.

    I use anti-static wipes.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jan 11, 2007

  3. Jr.

    Jr. Guest

    I have some spots that the anti-static cloth will not remove.
    What can I use to moisten the screen?
    Thanks

    Jr., Jan 13, 2007
  4. Jr.

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 16:33:16 -0600, Jr. wrote:

    > I have some spots that the anti-static cloth will not remove. What can I
    > use to moisten the screen? Thanks

    Windex or a moist cloth with a drop of dishwashing liquid. Just enough to
    clean the spot. LCD's are durable, but you can't be soaking them down
    with liquids. If it drips down into the framework and gets inside it
    could be a problem.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Jr.

    JANA Guest

    I use a slightly dampened with water only, a soft paper tissue. Take care to
    not drip any water below the mask, or damage can result. Using any strong
    cleaners can destroy the surface coating on the screen.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Jr.

    Alan S Guest

    Wipe gently with a soft damp (water) cloth and for starters. If that
    does not work use a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol or vinegar.
    Other harsh chemicals can yellow and harden the plastic screen.

    Alan S, Jan 15, 2007