    click and now one of my Newsgroups is listed in red font instead of black
    like the rest of them. Does anyone know what I did, and how to fix it?

    Thanks in advance!

    Buckaroo Banzai, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Buckaroo Banzai

    Pepperoni Guest

    It may be a dumb answer, but you could try unsubscribing, and resubscribing
    to that newsgroup.

    Pepperoni, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Buckaroo Banzai

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

    > I was switching between my newsgroups and I did some kind of funky double
    > click and now one of my Newsgroups is listed in red font instead of black
    > like the rest of them. Does anyone know what I did, and how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    It sounds like you are Watching all of the messages in the newsgroup.
    If you select all of the entries, and then untick the "watch
    conversation" on the Message menu you should be OK.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 25, 2003
  4. "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
    >
    > > I was switching between my newsgroups and I did some kind of funky

    double
    > > click and now one of my Newsgroups is listed in red font instead of

    black
    > > like the rest of them. Does anyone know what I did, and how to fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance!
    > >

    > It sounds like you are Watching all of the messages in the newsgroup.

    > If you select all of the entries,

    How do I do that? My first instinct to follow your select all of the
    entries instructions was to click on the top message, then scroll all the
    way to the bottom, hold shift and then click on the bottom message, but
    won't that download ever single message in the list?

    I'm guessing that that isn't what I should do... please let me know at your
    convenience.

    Thanks!

    Buckaroo Banzai, Nov 25, 2003
  5. "Pepperoni" <> wrote in message
    > It may be a dumb answer, but you could try unsubscribing, and

    resubscribing
    > to that newsgroup.

    Well, I tried it and it only caused me more problems because it reloaded
    every message, but only reloaded a total of 301 messages, and the group is
    still listed in red, so now I'm more confused than ever. But make no
    mistake- I appreciate your advice nonetheless! It just happened to not work
    in this case- but you play your cards and you take your chances!

    Buckaroo Banzai, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Buckaroo Banzai

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
    >>

    >>>I was switching between my newsgroups and I did some kind of funky

    > double
    >
    >>>click and now one of my Newsgroups is listed in red font instead of

    > black
    >
    >>>like the rest of them. Does anyone know what I did, and how to fix it?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance!
    >>>

    >>It sounds like you are Watching all of the messages in the newsgroup.

    >>If you select all of the entries,

    > How do I do that? My first instinct to follow your select all of the
    > entries instructions was to click on the top message, then scroll all the
    > way to the bottom, hold shift and then click on the bottom message, but
    > won't that download ever single message in the list?
    >
    > I'm guessing that that isn't what I should do... please let me know at your
    > convenience.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > and then untick the "watch
    >
    >>conversation" on the Message menu you should be OK.

    Sorry. Highlight the first message in the particular group, then click
    on "Edit" on the main toolbar, and scroll down to "select all".

    They will all highlight, then click on "Message" on the main toolbar,
    then down towards the bottom should be an option "watch conversation"
    If my guess is right, it will be ticked. Click once on it so it
    unticks, and you should be right.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus