    find them from Windows .... i.e. the search function doesn't locate them ....
    where are they ?????

    W.

    Wdflannery, Aug 7, 2004

  2. On 07 Aug 2004 19:51:09 GMT, (Wdflannery) wrote:

    >I just got an Olympus camera with Camedia 4.1 software, running on Windows XP,
    >and when I download pics they appear in the Panorama folder .... but I can't
    >find them from Windows .... i.e. the search function doesn't locate them ....
    >where are they ?????

    Are you using XP to do the download, or the camedia software? XP
    treats my E20N as if it were another drive and it treats the card
    reader the same way so I can select the directory, or folder where I
    want to put them.

    If you are using Camedia to download the images check the defaults to
    see where it puts the images.

    If a search doesn't find them, change the search options to show all
    files.

    Just do a search on one of the image names and look at the path.
    They are most likely in *either* the Camedia folder, a sub folder of
    Camedia, or they are in the My Photos folder. That one is a sub folder
    of the My Documents folder/directory.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger Halstead, Aug 7, 2004

  3. Wdflannery

    Wdflannery Guest

    According to the Camedia software, the files are in the Panorama folder ....
    along with 2 sample images...... but when I explore the My
    Album/Samples/Panorama folder ..... only the 2 sample images appear. I use the
    Camedia software to download them, I think..... this stuff is non-standard ...
    you can't go up the folders chain to the top .... . I can get the exact file
    name... but search still doesn't find them .....

    Wdflannery, Aug 7, 2004
  4. On 07 Aug 2004 21:54:03 GMT, (Wdflannery) wrote:

    >According to the Camedia software, the files are in the Panorama folder ....
    >along with 2 sample images...... but when I explore the My
    >Album/Samples/Panorama folder ..... only the 2 sample images appear. I use the
    >Camedia software to download them, I think..... this stuff is non-standard ...
    >you can't go up the folders chain to the top .... . I can get the exact file
    >name... but search still doesn't find them .....

    set the search to show hidden and system files. Then see if the images
    are found. Olympus RAW files should begin with a P and end with
    ORF. An example P6221321.ORF although I haven't used the E20N much
    recently with RAW files.

    When Camedia is in the "menu" mode the folder and "complete" path
    should be shown in the upper left of the screen. It should be right
    beside the brows button and the "complete" path should be shown. On
    mine it's not even on the same computer.

    "To me" at least, Camedia is not the most intuitive tool I've ever
    used although 4.01 is much better than the previous version.

    Good luck,

    Roger Halstead, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Wdflannery

    TRR Guest

    My 2¢ and mine only. I once bought a great little P&S Olympus D400Z
    and loaded the Camedia software into my Mac. Well....the software was
    so bloody awful I ended up giving the camera to a nephew to use on his
    PC......and it was equally awful. Along the way I discovered a
    shareware app called Cameraid that worked unbeleivably well and easy on
    my Mac. You might look around for something better for your XP than
    Camedia. Good luck !!

    TRR, Aug 8, 2004
  6. On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:37:34 GMT, TRR <> wrote:

    >My 2¢ and mine only. I once bought a great little P&S Olympus D400Z
    >and loaded the Camedia software into my Mac. Well....the software was
    >so bloody awful I ended up giving the camera to a nephew to use on his
    >PC......and it was equally awful. Along the way I discovered a
    >shareware app called Cameraid that worked unbeleivably well and easy on
    >my Mac. You might look around for something better for your XP than
    >Camedia. Good luck !!

    Unless you shoot in raw which I think is kind a of a waste with a
    small P&S you don't need the Camedia software to download JPGs.

    Roger Halstead, Aug 9, 2004