Dumb, Dumb Vista

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Feb 10, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Dim Vista
    Stephen Manes 02.26.07

    Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50 million
    lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring than the one
    over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow' Starts Now," and
    Microsoft touts new features, many filched shamelessly from Apple's
    Macintosh. But as with every previous version, there's no wow here, not
    even in ironic quotes. Vista is at best mildly annoying and at worst makes
    you want to rush to Redmond, Wash. and rip somebody's liver out.

    Vista is a fading theme park with a few new rides, lots of patched-up old
    ones and bored kids in desperate need of adult supervision running things.
    If I can find plenty of problems in a matter of hours, why can't Microsoft
    (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people )? Most likely answer: It did--and it doesn't
    care.

    http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2007/0226/050.html?partner=yahoomag

    http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
    http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

    Au79, Feb 10, 2007

  2. Au79

    Maximum Hag Guest

    Re: Dumb, Dumb HAG

    Au79 a hag wrote:

    > Dim Au97HagHO my HAGHO ride
    >
    > Me more than five years in the making, more than 50 million
    > *salad* tossings. The result? I need more inspiring tossings at my
    > home at the town dump. My new slogan is: "The 'New Salad Tossing' Starts Now," and
    > I got new moves, many filched shamelessly from my mama. But as with every new move I was taught, there's no wow here, not
    > even a GRRRRRRRRRREAT MAKE ME HOLLER. I am mildly annoying and at worst makes
    > you want to rush to my home at the town dump and rip my liver out.
    >
    > I am a fading theme park and I need some new rides, lots of patched-up old
    > holes in me and bored men in desperate need of supervision tossing my *salad*.
    > I can find plenty of men in a matter of hours.
    > Most likely answer: I can and I don't care, just toss my *salad*.

    <hag>

    Maximum Hag, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Au79

    Supersano Guest

    On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:57:54 -0800, Au79 wrote:

    > Dim Vista
    > Stephen Manes 02.26.07
    >
    > Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50 million
    > lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring than the one
    > over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow' Starts Now," and
    > Microsoft touts new features, many filched shamelessly from Apple's
    > Macintosh. But as with every previous version, there's no wow here, not
    > even in ironic quotes. Vista is at best mildly annoying and at worst makes
    > you want to rush to Redmond, Wash. and rip somebody's liver out.
    >
    > Vista is a fading theme park with a few new rides, lots of patched-up old
    > ones and bored kids in desperate need of adult supervision running things.
    > If I can find plenty of problems in a matter of hours, why can't Microsoft
    > (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people )? Most likely answer: It did--and it doesn't
    > care.
    >
    > http://www.forbes.com/free_forbes/2007/0226/050.html?partner=yahoomag

    Not bad. Good post.

    Supersano, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Au79

    Coco Guest

    "Au79" <> wrote in message
    > Dim Vista
    > Stephen Manes 02.26.07
    >
    > Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50 million
    > lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring than the one
    > over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow' Starts Now,"

    That's beacause the folks @ MS were really surprised that they actually got
    this thing to start, and they all screamed: "WOW!!!"
    Let's see if they can get it to run. Maybe as soon as they release SP2
    they'll change the slogan to "The Wow Runs Now".

    Coco, Feb 11, 2007
  5. Au79

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Coco wrote:
    > "Au79" <> wrote in message
    >> Dim Vista
    >> Stephen Manes 02.26.07
    >>
    >> Windows Vista: more than five years in the making, more than 50
    >> million lines of code. The result? A vista slightly more inspiring
    >> than the one over the town dump. The new slogan is: "The 'Wow'
    >> Starts Now,"

    > That's beacause the folks @ MS were really surprised that they
    > actually got this thing to start, and they all screamed: "WOW!!!"
    > Let's see if they can get it to run. Maybe as soon as they release SP2
    > they'll change the slogan to "The Wow Runs Now".

    Heh - heh! Probably it'll be more of a crawl than a run ;o)

    WhzzKdd, Feb 11, 2007