    and am running Windows XP x64. I will be upgrading soon to one of the Windows
    Vista x64 versions and I need to know which versions support multiple duel
    core processors.

    David Manvell, Dec 13, 2007

  2. David Manvell

    S.SubZero Guest

    I believe that Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate will support
    two physical CPUs. Any of these would also support multiple cores on
    those CPUs.

    S.SubZero, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium can only use one socket (CPU).
    Vista Business and Vista Ultimate can use two sockets. Of course, whether
    the processors in those sockets are single core or multicore is irrelevant
    (some folks confuse cpu's and cores).

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2007