    Vista as the duel boot. When the screen comes up to choose it says "other
    operating system" or "Microsoft Windows Vista.". I want to change the "other
    operating system" to say WinXP. Any ideas how to do this ?

    Koss, May 17, 2007

  2. Koss

    Vanguard Guest

    "Koss" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a computer that I set up to duel boot WinXP (main system)
    >Windows Vista as the duel boot. When the screen comes up to choose it
    >says "other operating system" or "Microsoft Windows Vista.". I want to
    >change the "other operating system" to say WinXP. Any ideas how to do
    >this ?

    Learn spelling, and not writing by pronouncing the words in your head
    and transcribing them phonetically.

    duel
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=duel

    dual
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=dual

    Edit the boot.ini file. You will need to use the "attrib" command in a
    DOS shell to remove the hidden and system file attributes, edit the
    file, and reinstate those file attributes.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B"how+to+edit"+%2B"boot.ini"+file+%2BWindows

    Vanguard, May 17, 2007

  3. Koss

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > "Koss" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a computer that I set up to duel boot WinXP (main system) Windows
    >>Vista as the duel boot. When the screen comes up to choose it says "other
    >>operating system" or "Microsoft Windows Vista.". I want to change the
    >>"other operating system" to say WinXP. Any ideas how to do this ?
    >>

    > Learn spelling, and not writing by pronouncing the words in your head and
    > transcribing them phonetically.

    Drat! I saw the subject and thought it was going to be another Mac vs. PC
    commercial <grin>

    WhzzKdd, May 17, 2007
  4. Koss

    Koss Guest