    (imported?) season 1 sets I've seem for sale online. Anyone have a
    review?

    TIA -dr

    dreed1, Jul 22, 2005

  2. dreed1

    jayembee Guest

    dreed1 <> wrote:

    > I noticed this set in the TV section at Best Buy and was surprised to
    > see it was a Platinum DVD release (they release a lot of Public Domain
    > titles, old Westerns, Serials etc.).

    Platinum also has a deal with the Canadian production company
    Alliance-Atlantis, and has released several non-PD Canadian TV titles, such as
    (in addition to DUE SOUTH) THE RAY BRADBURY THEATER, DRACULA: THE SERIES, and
    WHITE FANG.

    > It was a LOT cheaper than the (imported?) season 1 sets I've seem for
    > sale online. Anyone have a review?

    It's hard to say what it'll look like. Platinum's RAY BRADBURY set was one of
    the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen foisted on the DVD-buying public. (Nota
    bene: I'm referring to the quality of the DVDs themselves, not the program.)

    On the other hand, there wasn't a previous Canadian release of RBT that they
    could theoretically use existing transfers from, as there are with DUE SOUTH, so
    it's possible that the DS release looks better.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 22, 2005