    the other takes over and the users still have access as if nothing happened.
    Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

    duBBle A

    duBBle A, Oct 13, 2004

  2. duBBle A

    Joe Guest

    I know no other way to say than " You and your friend are in over your head
    "

    Joe

    Joe, Oct 14, 2004

  3. duBBle A

    MPG Guest

    The closest thing I can think of to what you're talking about is clustering,
    and that is only available with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition which
    costs $$$$$$. If these servers are going to be domain controllers, they
    will automatically talk to each other when Active Directory is set up on
    them. If they're not, I cannot really think of any solution to have one
    server "mirror" the other one.

    My suggestion would be to get one server with many redundant components
    (RAID, dual NICs, redundant PSU, etc.) if you do indeed need this type of
    fault tolerance.

    MPG

    MPG, Oct 14, 2004
  4. duBBle A

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "duBBle A" <> wrote in

    > the other takes over and the users still have access as if nothing
    > happened. Is this even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

    You will want to look into Active Directory, and probably DFS.

    Jim Berwick, Oct 14, 2004
  5. duBBle A

    Spajky Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:33:17 -0600, "duBBle A"
    <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to help a friend who needs to replace a very old server in his
    >office that is about to die. The OS on it right now is NT. He has an Idea of
    >purchasing 2 PC's with Windows 2003 Server and just transfer the data from
    >the old Server to both of the new PC's purchased. Then he would like the 2
    >new pc's to mirror each other somehow so that if one of the pc's goes down
    >the other takes over and the users still have access as if nothing happened.
    >Is this even possible?

    why only 2? :) see this:
    http://www.bit-tech.net/article/141
    --