    Reason: one router would be dhcp client for cable modem, WAN serial to
    second router WAN serial, which acts as gateway for LAN.
    , Sep 24, 2006

  2. writes:
    >Is it possible to run a back to back serial connection between a 2501
    >and 2620?

    >If so, what cabling would I require?

    >If not, is there an alternative configuration for the topology below,
    >or should I pickup another 2620?

    Sure, what kind of interface cards do you have installed in the 2620?

    If you have a WIC-1T, then you need a DCE to DTE cable, some people
    sell them on eBay with a buy-it-now for $1.95.

    If you have a WIC-1DSU-T1 card, then you'll need a CSU/DSU for the
    2501, and the appropriate cabling for the CSU/DSU to the router. Then
    you hookup the CSU back to back with the CSU card with a cross-over T1
    cable (easy to make one).
    Doug McIntyre, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Guest

    Thank you!

    Doug McIntyre wrote:
    > writes:
    > >Is it possible to run a back to back serial connection between a 2501
    > >and 2620?

    > >If so, what cabling would I require?

    > >If not, is there an alternative configuration for the topology below,
    > >or should I pickup another 2620?

    > Sure, what kind of interface cards do you have installed in the 2620?
    >
    > If you have a WIC-1T, then you need a DCE to DTE cable, some people
    > sell them on eBay with a buy-it-now for $1.95.
    >
    > If you have a WIC-1DSU-T1 card, then you'll need a CSU/DSU for the
    > 2501, and the appropriate cabling for the CSU/DSU to the router. Then
    > you hookup the CSU back to back with the CSU card with a cross-over T1
    > cable (easy to make one).
    , Sep 24, 2006