    processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4 processors
    (Xeons EM64T with HT).

    Thanks.
    NNBXX, Aug 1, 2005

  2. NNBXX wrote:

    >Are there any software for this ? I've tried Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM5)
    >and SpeedFan, but they seem to measure the temperature of only 1 processor
    >(CPU0), and not of both of them. My BIOS doesn't allow temperature
    >measurement (my computer is a Dell Precison 670 Workstation). Both
    >processors are activated in BIOS, and Windows XP x64 sees 4 processors
    >(Xeons EM64T with HT).
    >
    >Thanks.

    I'm sure MBM5 can measure the temperature of multiple CPUs, but only
    measures one by default - you just need to configure it to monitor the
    additional CPU.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 1, 2005

  3. NNBXX

    Rick Guest

    Have you tried Everest? http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    Rick, Aug 1, 2005
  4. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    I tried to do so, but I didn't succeed. How do you do that ?

    NNBXX, Aug 1, 2005
  5. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    Yes, I tried Everest, which is a very good software. It *does* actually show
    2 processors, but their temperatures appear to be 68°C idle (for each CPU),
    whereas MBM5 displays 48°C is the same operating conditions (for the only
    one CPU it seems to monitor). So what software should I trust ? I think 48°C
    idle is more likely to be the true value, even for Xeons (according to MBM5,
    it can reach 67°C in full charge, when performing 3D rendering, for
    example).

    NNBXX, Aug 1, 2005
  6. NNBXX

    Rick Guest

    You have an interesting observation. I have a MSI board with an Athlon
    64 CPU and the temperature as reported by MSI CoreCenter and Everest are
    exactly the same.

    Does Dell, or Intel, have any software to provide CPU temperature that
    you could compare with?

    Rick, Aug 1, 2005
  7. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    I checked Dell and Intel websites, and much surprisingly, they both don't
    seem to offer such a software compatible with my Dell proprietary mobo and
    my dual Xeons :-(
    Intel offers such software, but it doesn't work with my system/mobo (I tried
    it, but it refuses to install), and Dell offers no such software at all !
    Lame for the so-called #1 in personal computing...

    NNBXX, Aug 1, 2005
  8. NNBXX

    mikey Guest

    what MSI mobo do you have, mine is a K8T Nero with AMD 3200 and Core Cednter does not work for me.

    mikey, Aug 2, 2005
  9. NNBXX

    mikey Guest

    check under Settings, System Info and the System Info at the bottom for the sensor for the second CPU.

    mikey, Aug 2, 2005
  10. NNBXX wrote:

    >I tried to do so, but I didn't succeed. How do you do that ?

    Um, I'm not sure. I was using MBM5 on a dual-CPU Athlon MP machine about
    8-9 months ago to monitor both CPU temperatures. I know it was relatively
    straight-forward to setup (it had to be, for me to cope with it).

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 2, 2005
  11. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    Thanks, but still nothing. Maybe that's because MBM5 doesn't *completely* support my mobo and my chipset, for my computer is a Dell Precision 670, but MBM5 only supports the Dell Precision 650, which has a different motherboard and chipset.

    NNBXX, Aug 2, 2005
  12. NNBXX

    Rick Guest

    If you're saying CoreCenter doesn't work in Win x64, that's right.
    CoreCenter is a 32 bit program with 32 bit drivers.

    Rick, Aug 2, 2005
  13. NNBXX

    mikey Guest

    have you tried updating MBM5 data base of motherboards.
    might require re-install. do not remember seeing a way to do it after install.

    mikey, Aug 2, 2005
  14. NNBXX

    don Guest

    I woiuld think that if , as you say, that your BIOS doesn't allow temp,
    measurement,
    then that feature will never truly be available for your mobo, no matter
    what software
    you use. I understood that such monitor programs did so through a polling of
    sorts through
    the bios( but then , Im way not expert), so unless an update bios enables
    it, you might
    want to look into a add-on hardware solution. these are often used by the
    overclock crowd,
    and do not take up any of your systems resources.

    Don

    don, Aug 4, 2005
  15. NNBXX

    NNBXX Guest

    Thanks for your reply Don, it gives me an interesting clue. But what do you
    mean when you talk about add-on hardware solution ? Do you mean a probe to
    be attached to the CPUs, or something like that ?

    NNBXX, Aug 4, 2005
  16. NNBXX

    don Guest

    yes, with temp readout and often fan controls, goes in an empty cd drive
    bay, really small probes that can be placed under the heatsinks next to the
    cpu's. normally there are 2 temp probes, one for the case temp and one for
    the cpu, but you could use both probes for both cpu's
    Don

    don, Aug 4, 2005
  17. NNBXX

    McGrandpa Guest

    Everest Home v. 2.20 should show multiple cpu's as well as GPU temps.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Sep 12, 2005
  18. Thanks for your reply :)

    Unfortunately, Everest Home 2.20 won't do the trick on my computer. It
    invariably displays 68°C for each CPU, no matter if it's idle or at full
    load.

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Sep 13, 2005