Dual pane x64 native file manager

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 26, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    , Aug 26, 2006

  3. This one is far better than the Microdoze one.
    Once you start to configure and customize it you discover all that you ever
    wanted to have.
    Keys can be custom configured to behave like Norton Commander or whatever
    other you like (like Xtree).
    Built in compression/de-compression (multi format), ftp, network, etc.

    For everyday tasks I use the x86 character mode Ztreewin (www.ztreewin.com).
    Gets everything done faster.

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Thanks, Carlos - glad to have you back. I had 'sort of' a Vacation, my self.
    Payed the wrong bill and was promptly exiled from my connection. (5 & ½ day,
    is more rest than I can pass away in a hurry (-sic!)) I'll have your
    suggestion in mind, although I still have a dream to write my own one day -
    if I do, it'll be 'post-card ware', so stock up those stamps everyone!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 29, 2006
  5. I have been using WinNC.Net it works fine under x64 and supports the old
    Norton Command Key configuration.
    --
    Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
    saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 29, 2006
  6. It seems thatn WinNC (http://www.winnc.com/?page=6906&switchLanguage=EN) is
    an x86 app.
    Therefore it shouldn't be able to access the \system32 folder.
    You would be fooled into the \syswow64 one.
    SpeedCommander is a pure x64 app.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 30, 2006
  7. Hadn't noticed that until now. However, for basic file manipulation, works
    fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=, Aug 30, 2006