    Windows XP SP1

    Thanks,
    Jack

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Feb 6, 2004

  2. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Paul L Guest

    are you adjusting the video card or thru your monitors' menu?

    Your monitor probably has color temp settings, they should be set the same

    If that fails, try swapping mon1 for mon2 and see if they swap apparent
    colors

    Paul L, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)"
    <> stated that:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a dual monitor setup. Both monitors are identical and were bought
    >together. But they display colours differently, even though the settings
    >are exactly the same. And I can't seem to get rid of this problem, no
    >matter how much tweaking of the manual colour ballance I do. I wonder if
    >anyone else has had this problem?

    Hi Daniel,

    This is absolutely normal. No two monitors are exactly identical, even
    if they were next to each other on the assembly line.
    What you need to do is to calibrate them to the same standard. (And for
    photography work, you really need to calibrate your monitor anyway.)
    Get yourself a ColorVision Spyder (or equivalent calibrator), &
    calibrate them to the same settings. That should fix your problem.
    Once you've gotten a calibrator, feel free to ask here for tips, as the
    procedure for calibrating a dual monitor setup under Windows is slightly
    more complicated than for a single monitor setup.

    Lionel, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Magnum PI Guest

    Are those colorvision spyders worthwhile?

    Magnum PI, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Thanks everyone for your help!

    Jack

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Feb 9, 2004
  6. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Magnum PI" <> stated that:

    >Are those colorvision spyders worthwhile?

    Absolutely. Since I bought mine, I can't believe that I got by without
    it.

    Lionel, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that "Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)"
    <> stated that:

    >Thanks everyone for your help!

    Glad I could help, Daniel. :)

    If you end up buying a calibrator, feel free to ask here for tips on
    getting the best results out of it.

    Lionel, Feb 9, 2004