Dual monitors, dual Matrox cards res. problams

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard, Feb 4, 2007.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I am struggling to find the right Matrox software that will allow me to
    select the appropriate screen resolution for my second monitor. This is
    a Sony GDM W900. It's a 24'' CRT. I am running it as my second
    monitor, and whilst I've downloaded the latest Matrox drivers, the
    options I am allowed do not include 1600x1024 at 76htz which is what I
    need.

    This is a dual boot set-up and in XP32 the driver download also
    installed the Matrox power desk, and the options this provides allows me
    to select the appropriate settings and all has been fine. The problem
    start when trying to get the same result in 64bit!

    I hope someone can help on this. So frustrating because a year ago I
    did have it running correctly but that was before a complete re-install
    of both OSs.

    Thanks
    --
    Richard

    Richard, Feb 4, 2007

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    In his posting of Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Richard writes
    >I am struggling to find the right Matrox software that will allow me to
    >select the appropriate screen resolution for my second monitor. This
    >is a Sony GDM W900. It's a 24'' CRT. I am running it as my second
    >monitor, and whilst I've downloaded the latest Matrox drivers, the
    >options I am allowed do not include 1600x1024 at 76htz which is what I
    >need.
    >
    >This is a dual boot set-up and in XP32 the driver download also
    >installed the Matrox power desk, and the options this provides allows
    >me to select the appropriate settings and all has been fine. The
    >problem start when trying to get the same result in 64bit!
    >
    >I hope someone can help on this. So frustrating because a year ago I
    >did have it running correctly but that was before a complete re-install
    >of both OSs.
    >
    >Thanks

    Update...I've now downloaded the Power desk software but although I
    thought it had installed, there is no sign of it in display properties,
    and nothing has changed in the options there.

    Thanks if you can help me.

    Cheers
    --
    Richard