dual monitors and losing resolution settings on reboot

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Kyote, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    I just hooked up my other monitor to my main computer from my other
    computer since I wasn't really using the alternate system anyway. I
    wanted to see how enjoyable using dual monitors could be and I have
    several friends that have it setup and they swear they'll never go
    back to soloing again.

    Well, it works, and I got to say I love it! I can see, in just 2
    hours, why everyone who tries dual monitors swears by it. But now
    every time I reboot my system my main monitors resolution settings
    revert to 800x600. I can manually change it back to what I prefer and
    everything works just fine. But on reboot it keeps reverting. I guess
    I can live with it but I'd rather not. Anyone got an idea what can be
    done to resolve the issue?

    Thank you in advance for any positive feedback you can provide.
    ---
    Kyote

    Kyote, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Kyote

    Kawosa Guest

    Kyote <> wrote in

    > I just hooked up my other monitor to my main computer from my other
    > computer since I wasn't really using the alternate system anyway. I
    > wanted to see how enjoyable using dual monitors could be and I have
    > several friends that have it setup and they swear they'll never go
    > back to soloing again.
    >
    > Well, it works, and I got to say I love it! I can see, in just 2
    > hours, why everyone who tries dual monitors swears by it. But now
    > every time I reboot my system my main monitors resolution settings
    > revert to 800x600. I can manually change it back to what I prefer and
    > everything works just fine. But on reboot it keeps reverting. I guess
    > I can live with it but I'd rather not. Anyone got an idea what can be
    > done to resolve the issue?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any positive feedback you can provide.
    > ---
    > Kyote

    NVIDIA? ATI? Little more info would be most helpful.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 000719-0, 02/28/2007
    Tested on: 3/1/2007 8:29:48 PM

    Kawosa, Mar 2, 2007

  3. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    >NVIDIA? ATI? Little more info would be most helpful.

    Ahh, I didn't realize it would require knowledge of my cards. I
    thought there might be a solution in a XP file or registry somewhere.
    Okay here it is

    NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 64MB
    NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro 32MB

    I'm also using Windows XP Pro SP2 with all current updates.

    ---
    Kyote

    Kyote, Mar 2, 2007
  4. Kyote

    j1mb0jay Guest

    Kyote wrote:
    > I just hooked up my other monitor to my main computer from my other
    > computer since I wasn't really using the alternate system anyway. I
    > wanted to see how enjoyable using dual monitors could be and I have
    > several friends that have it setup and they swear they'll never go
    > back to soloing again.
    >
    > Well, it works, and I got to say I love it! I can see, in just 2
    > hours, why everyone who tries dual monitors swears by it. But now
    > every time I reboot my system my main monitors resolution settings
    > revert to 800x600. I can manually change it back to what I prefer and
    > everything works just fine. But on reboot it keeps reverting. I guess
    > I can live with it but I'd rather not. Anyone got an idea what can be
    > done to resolve the issue?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any positive feedback you can provide.
    > ---
    > Kyote

    Try updating the graphics card driver to the latest version that will work
    with WinXP this solved the problem for me.
    --
    Regards JJ (UWA)

    j1mb0jay, Mar 2, 2007