    other video card is AGP?

    I'm running Winbloze 2kPro, all updates on a P4 - 1.8 GHz

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Forgot to mention that the ADG Video card is a Radeon 9250.

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 4, 2006

  3. Dave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > How can I enable "dual monitors" if one is an "on-board" video card and
    > the
    > other video card is AGP?
    >
    > I'm running Winbloze 2kPro, all updates on a P4 - 1.8 GHz

    Maybe, Linux-X or the Apple-Baked is a better fit for you. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message

    | "Dave" <davenmanvel@HoT_mail.com> wrote in message
    | > How can I enable "dual monitors" if one is an "on-board" video card and
    | > the
    | > other video card is AGP?
    | >
    | > I'm running Winbloze 2kPro, all updates on a P4 - 1.8 GHz
    | >

    | Maybe, Linux-X or the Apple-Baked is a better fit for you. ;-)
    |
    | Duane :)

    Why did you respond with "Use another OS?" Linux and Windows BOTH have
    Advantages over the other.

    I enjoy being able to to make command line mistakes with either the CAPS on
    or off in text files or batch files.

    I Don't like the ExaCt VerBage of Linux. I LiKe how my CoMputEr's O.s. wOrKs
    without the exact phrase of capitaliZation.

    http://www.SoMedoMain.Com/Help/index.html cannot be requested from the Web
    the same as http://somedomain.com/help/index.html in Linux as in Windows.

    How about, the Websites www.EaTme.Com and wwW.eatME.com could be considered
    as 2 seperate domain names if Linux Ruled the world!

    Now, would you answer my question? Which wasn't "Should I use a new OS for
    dual monitors."

    My 2 cents worth on Linux vs. Winbloze.

    Dave

    Dave, Jun 5, 2006
  5. Dave

    JANA Guest

    You need the proper cards that are designed to work in dual monitor
    configuration. Along with this, you need the drivers, which normally come
    with the card.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jun 5, 2006
  6. Dave

    Alan Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > You need the proper cards that are designed to work in dual monitor
    > configuration. Along with this, you need the drivers, which normally come
    > with the card.

    I think its a hit or miss with Win2K. look for specic support in the
    drivers you use.

    Alan, Jun 5, 2006
  7. Dave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > My 2 cents worth on Linux vs. Winbloze.

    You got my $.02 when you started name calling. ;-)

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 5, 2006
  8. Dave

    Rectum Burn Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> said in news:JDMgg.1562$lf4.622
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    >> My 2 cents worth on Linux vs. Winbloze.

    > You got my $.02 when you started name calling. ;-)
    >
    > Duane :)

    Linux fag. :)

    Rectum Burrrn

    Rectum Burn, Jun 5, 2006
  9. Dave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Let me killfile you now so you won't start shitting on yourself. You
    know who you are. And it's unread.

    Duane Arnold, Jun 5, 2006
  10. Duane Arnold <""Yep-Don't-Bother\"@You-got-it-right@.BET"> said in

    > Let me killfile you now so you won't start shitting on yourself. You
    > know who you are. And it's unread.

    Ask and I shall morph for you, nerdy little asstulip. Why don't you use
    your scorefile instead? Or is it beyond your capabilities, LINUX FAG?

    Rectum Burrrrrrrn

    Duane is a Weenie, Jun 5, 2006
  11. Dave

    Cloaca Guest

    Cloaca, Jun 5, 2006
  12. What motherboard? Most of the time if you use the AGP slot, the onboard
    video is completely disabled. I just looked up this card though, and
    from what I see it is dual head, meaning the card itself has dual
    monitor capability built in.

    David Matthew Wood, Jun 5, 2006
  13. Dave

    Guest

    David Matthew Wood <> wrote:

    |>What motherboard? Most of the time if you use the AGP slot, the onboard
    |>video is completely disabled. I just looked up this card though, and
    |>from what I see it is dual head, meaning the card itself has dual
    |>monitor capability built in.

    :) He spent a lot of time researching this card before it's purchase.

    |>> Forgot to mention that the ADG Video card is a Radeon 9250.
    |>>
    |>> Dave
    |>>

    |>> "Dave" <davenmanvel@HoT_mail.com> wrote in message
    |>> the
    |>> |
    |>> |
    |>> |
    |>> |
    |>> |

    --
    In the spirit of taking things too far, here is a fully functional 5-dimensional
    analog of Rubik's cube.

    , Jun 5, 2006
  14. Dave

    | > My 2 cents worth on Linux vs. Winbloze.
    |
    | You got my $.02 when you started name calling. ;-)
    |
    | Duane :)

    Name Calling? You insinuated that I should Replace my Existing OS with
    another.
    I asked a simple question about Dual Monitors and Windows 2KPro.

    insinuated:
    http://www.allwords.com/word-insinuated.html

    Dave, Jun 6, 2006
  15. Dave

    mike Guest

    Isn't this funny when idiots who have nothing to offer blurp up trying to
    'answer' something..................

    Here's the scoop:

    1) multiple monitor flavors:
    one card - multiple monitors
    multiple cards - multiple monitors 1 (one mon per card, multiple cards)
    multiple cards - multiple monotors 2 (as many mons as the cards can
    connect)

    Ok:

    step one:

    not every MB can have multiple gfx cards active at the same time. If you
    put an AGP card in, chances are your PCI gfx cards won't work any more.

    not every gfx card can coexist with others.

    One of the MBs I know that take multiple gfx cards: d975xbx from Intel.

    I don't actually remember a single MB I tried where the AGP could coexist
    with a PCI gfx card.

    Same for the PCI-E I tried.

    MBs with no onboard gfx usually work with multiple gfx cards.

    PCI-E works most of the time with multiple gfx cards;
    AGP less
    PCI sometimes.

    My approach: if it has an agp slot and onboard gfx (which I would
    disable): don't cont on it running extra gfx cards.

    Now if you would get me the exact MB (s/n and fab included) you have, then
    I might be able to tell you which gfx cards run how, and if our gfx card
    (need model, s/n, fab/ver) can coexist with onboard and/or other add-in
    gfx cards.

    Mike

    (offline: use the form at http://nittmann.us and enter your email;

    -----------------
    -----------------

    mike, Jun 6, 2006
  16. Dave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > My 2 cents worth on Linux vs. Winbloze.
    > |
    > | You got my $.02 when you started name calling. ;-)
    > |
    > | Duane :)
    >
    > Name Calling? You insinuated that I should Replace my Existing OS with
    > another.
    > I asked a simple question about Dual Monitors and Windows 2KPro.

    I didn't tell you to replace nothing. You took it upon yourself to assume
    that.

    > I asked a simple question about Dual Monitors and *Windows 2KPro*.

    That's right get the name right.

    > insinuated:
    > http://www.allwords.com/word-insinuated.html

    Please!

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 6, 2006
  17. Dave

    Dave Guest

    | My approach: if it has an agp slot and onboard gfx (which I would
    | disable): don't cont on it running extra gfx cards.
    |
    | Now if you would get me the exact MB (s/n and fab included) you have, then
    | I might be able to tell you which gfx cards run how, and if our gfx card
    | (need model, s/n, fab/ver) can coexist with onboard and/or other add-in
    | gfx cards.
    |
    | Mike

    Thanks Mike and all who assisted with this question. Even Duane Arnold who
    likes Linux. <grin>
    The answer was really staring me in the face, when all others mentioned that
    my the Radeon 9250 video card supports Dual Monitors! I just need an adapter
    to make it work..... I actually didn't think to look at the outputs until
    one of ya mentioned that.

    Thanks for the help! I'll be picking up an adapter tomorrow...

    Dave

    (Ignore the advertising below... I hate it when they do that!)

    Dave, Jun 6, 2006
  18. Dave

    Duane Arnold Guest

    >| My approach: if it has an agp slot and onboard gfx (which I would
    > | disable): don't cont on it running extra gfx cards.
    > |
    > | Now if you would get me the exact MB (s/n and fab included) you have,
    > then
    > | I might be able to tell you which gfx cards run how, and if our gfx card
    > | (need model, s/n, fab/ver) can coexist with onboard and/or other add-in
    > | gfx cards.
    > |
    > | Mike
    > |

    > Even Duane Arnold who likes Linux. <grin>

    Little does the boy know.

    LOL

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 7, 2006
  19. All video cards sold today have dual monitor support.

    Casper The Ghost, Jun 9, 2006