Dual Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Kyote, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. Kyote

    Kyote Guest

    My Brother gave me his old computer, because it quit working for him
    and it was easier to just get a new one and he lives way to far away
    for me to fix it for him. When he gave it to me and I got around to
    looking it over, it simply had corrupted sata boot drivers and
    wouldn't boot to the only hard drive he had in it. I was able to put
    in an IDE drive and resolve the problem but he had already bought his
    new system so he told me to keep it.

    MSI M8T Neo Mainboard (MSI MS-6702)
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
    512MB DDR-SDRAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
    Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    Microsoft Windows XP (2003) Professional 5.02.3790 Win64 x64

    Most of the above info was obtained from SiSoft Sandra.

    My Problem is that I like to use multiple monitors, in fact using just
    1 is like working with only 1 arm now. I have several extra graphic
    cards to use. The AGP NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 seems to work just fine.
    But my other current card is a PCI PNY TNT2 card that works perfectly
    on all 32bit versions of windows xp I've used it with so far. But when
    coupled with this K8T Neo and my NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 it doesn't
    seem to want to work right.

    In fact it wouldn't work with the PNY TNT2 at all until I set the BIOS
    to use the TNT as the primary and in windows xp pro 64 I set the
    NVIDIA 5200 as the primary. Now it works ok and I can live with it
    this way for now. But the system only recognizes the TNT card as
    'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' and it will not accept any other
    drivers for it. So even though it works, when I drag a window to it
    it's slow and choppy. And the thing is my other PCI card is exactly
    the same... Well, not the same card but the exact same results. Not
    sure if I could make it work like this one is but the problems were
    the same. Once I got this set of cards working together I decided to
    leave well enough alone.

    Does anyone know of this problem or what may fix the problem? If you
    need more information please let me know and I'll give all details I
    can.
    Kyote, Nov 15, 2007