dual monitor not working after plugin TV using S-Video!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by tokaone, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. tokaone

    tokaone Guest

    I used a dual monitor setup everyday, and all of a sudden after pluging in
    a TV (using the S-Video connection), the second monitor does not want to
    turn on anymore. It s like it doesn t receive the signal, I think.

    nothing has changed in my setup, and I still see the second monitor in my
    'display property settings'.

    When i check the "extend desktop on second monitor" option and click
    'apply', the main monitor goes blank for a few seconds (just like it used
    to do when I had dual, but instead of showing both monitors upon coming
    back to life, only the main monitor turns back on; second monitor remains
    off.

    I check the second monitor with another computer, and it works fine.

    my machine is an Acertm800 centrino laptop (great machine btw).

    thanks for any help you can provide, i d like to resolve this issue
    without having to re-install my all XP pro system! :/

    tokaone, Oct 31, 2005

  2. tokaone

    tokaone Guest

    anyone?

    tokaone, Nov 2, 2005

  3. tokaone

    Andrew Guest

    On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:32:11 -0500, "tokaone" <>
    wrote:

    >I used a dual monitor setup everyday, and all of a sudden after pluging in
    >a TV (using the S-Video connection), the second monitor does not want to
    >turn on anymore. It s like it doesn t receive the signal, I think.
    >
    >nothing has changed in my setup, and I still see the second monitor in my
    >'display property settings'.
    >
    >When i check the "extend desktop on second monitor" option and click
    >'apply', the main monitor goes blank for a few seconds (just like it used
    >to do when I had dual, but instead of showing both monitors upon coming
    >back to life, only the main monitor turns back on; second monitor remains
    >off.
    >
    >I check the second monitor with another computer, and it works fine.
    >
    >my machine is an Acertm800 centrino laptop (great machine btw).
    >
    >thanks for any help you can provide, i d like to resolve this issue
    >without having to re-install my all XP pro system! :/

    I think roger has it ... i reckon it's to do with your video card
    and its preferences settings .. try that dreel..

    Andrew, Nov 2, 2005
  4. tokaone

    tokaone Guest

    so would this be hardware, or software (settings) related?

    tokaone, Nov 4, 2005
  5. tokaone

    tokaone Guest

    I unistalled and reinstalled my ATI video driver, problem fixed!

    tokaone, Nov 5, 2005